Author Topic: First OC Sighting in new South Haven Meijer  (Read 3996 times)

Offline MI_XD

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Bob
First OC Sighting in new South Haven Meijer
« on: May 22, 2014, 10:25:34 PM »
Was talking with the Door Greeter at the new South Haven Meijer and spotted a man coming in OCing. The greeter handed him a flyer welcomed him and never flinched. After he had passed I asked the greeter if she noticed what the man was doing. She gave me a quizzical look, and when I said he was Open Carrying, she looked shocked, and said she "didn't like that!" To which my wife said, "I guess you won't like the Concealed carry standing right next to you!" She looked at me shocked and I started explaining that OC and CC were legal in Michigan. By the time we finished talking to her, she was now informed of OC, more relaxed about carrying and will not be so surprised if she happens to notice the next OCer.

Later in the store we ran into the man, and had a pleasant talk about OC. He has been OCing for several years, but is not a member here. I gave him the information to find the forum, so hopefully he will show up. Hope to see you here, Darren.

Oh, I am not quite ready to OC in the new store yet, since my wife is working there. I don't want to cause any problems for her... yet  :)

Bob 

MI_XD
MI_XD
SW Michigan
I finally can be Proud of America, again!

Offline Jeff

Re: First OC Sighting in new South Haven Meijer
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2014, 11:04:59 PM »
Cool, good job.  Except for ratting out the OC guy in the first place :p

Offline mosnar87

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Ervin
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2014, 05:58:08 AM »
I've been in the new store only once since it opened and none of the employees or managers I saw seemed to notice my big, obvious bi-tone XD.45.

As far as I could tell, the only person who seemed to notice was a Little Person who pleasantly greeted me as he went past my pistol at just below his eye level.
"I don't want to be someone that successfully defends himself with a pistol.  I want to be someone that never has to defend himself with a pistol."
-Bronson, 2013

"Its not what I do for a living, its that I want to keep doing it"
-Evil Creamsicle, 2010

Offline SD40VE

• SE Region Posse
  • New Haven, Macomb County
  • First Name (Displayed): Bradley
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2014, 09:23:46 AM »
people sure notice my neon green SD lol.