Author Topic: Detroit Police Chief stands by 2nd Amendment support in wake of NRA mag story  (Read 3465 times)

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
Police Chief James Craig on Monday reiterated his support for the Second Amendment in the wake of a National Rifle Association magazine cover story that featured the chief advocating for gun rights.

During a one-on-one interview with The Detroit News, and a press conference outside police headquarters later Monday, Craig said he not only supports the right to bear arms, but Michigan’s Open Carry law, which allows licensed gun owners to carry their firearms in non-restricted areas, as long as they’re not concealed.

“It’s the law, and I support the law,” he said. “The Second Amendment was written more than 200 years ago. It’s not a James Craig law. “

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20140519/METRO01/305190030/Craig-stands-by-2nd-Amendment-support-wake-NRA-magazine-cover-story

Offline SD40VE

• SE Region Posse
  • New Haven, Macomb County
  • First Name (Displayed): Bradley
yep, he def got my respect. the driver analogy was awesome.

someone needs to tell moms demand bullsh*t that analogy

Offline Jeff

yep, he def got my respect. the driver analogy was awesome.

someone needs to tell moms demand bullsh*t that analogy

Hang on, let me bang my head against a wall real quick so I can think like them.  :SMH:  Ok there we go.... WELL A CAR CAN'T TRAVEL 3,000 FEET PER MILE AN HOUR and shoot magazine bullet calibers at full assault auto.... clip.

Yeah, I like his driver analogy.  I have said similar stuff to people. :)

Offline SD40VE

• SE Region Posse
  • New Haven, Macomb County
  • First Name (Displayed): Bradley
when people ask why i carry i usually say something along the lines. you have house insurance right? incase something happens to the house, car insurance in case something happens to the car. this is my insurance that i will be able to try to defend myself if put in a life or death situation. usually shuts them up lol or they make some off color comment and walk away. either or, doesnt bother me much anymore. i do what i want within the laws limits and they can jump on their high horse and gallop into the sunset for all i care

Offline linux203

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Daniel
Chief Craig held a press conference responding to the feature article in the NRA magazine.

We're not advocating violence. We're advocates for not being victims.

http://www.freep.com/videonetwork/3576134321001

Wow.  Spot on.  I'm continually impressed by his philosophies. 
When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own palace, his goods are in peace. Luke 11:21

Then He said to them, “But now, he who has a money bag, let him take it, and likewise a knapsack; and he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one."  Luke 22:36

Offline detroit_fan

• AmmoDump
  • 2 chairs, no waiting
  • First Name (Displayed): Jason
when people ask why i carry i usually say something along the lines. you have house insurance right? incase something happens to the house, car insurance in case something happens to the car. this is my insurance that i will be able to try to defend myself if put in a life or death situation. usually shuts them up lol or they make some off color comment and walk away. either or, doesnt bother me much anymore. i do what i want within the laws limits and they can jump on their high horse and gallop into the sunset for all i care
I normally use the seat belt analogy- i put both of them on everyday, and hope i never need either one.

Offline Rustykeys

I ask if they have a fire extinguisher in their home and usually they say yes. I ask why? The answer is the obvious. I tell them that this is my fire extinguisher in case I have to put out a fire and that I hope I never have to use it. That usually leaves them bewildered and quiet after that.
“We must hang together, gentlemen…else, we shall most assuredly hang separately.”

– Benjamin Franklin

A right not exercised is a right lost.