Author Topic: Aesthetic mods for PX4 Storm 9mm full size  (Read 3893 times)

Offline Xpiatio

• First Name (Displayed): Benjamin
Aesthetic mods for PX4 Storm 9mm full size
« on: May 25, 2014, 11:18:19 PM »
I've been working on this for a couple weeks, in my down time while at home.  I was looking into polishing barrels and soon realized that there are a couple downsides.  One of the biggest for me was the possible pitting.  As some of you know, my Beretta PX4 storm gave me a headache while breaking it in. But it has grown on me and am very comfortable with it.  It doesn't jam on me any more. 

When taking the barrel out, you have a block midway down the barrel. The whole barrel rotates, mitigating some of the recoil.  I've decided to polish the sides of that block that face outward.  I would not touch the track on the barrel that aids in the rotation.  What I ended up doing, polishing 3 sides of the barrel, and leaving the track untouched.   

another place I've decided was the tip of the barrel.  If you take out the barrel you will noticed that up near the tip, you will find a line that goes about the circumference of the barrel. From the line and to the tip I would polish.

What took me so long?  I didn't use any abrasive scrubs. Only things I used was Mothers Polish and cotton cloth.

Offline Jeff

Re: Aesthetic mods for PX4 Storm 9mm full size
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2014, 01:20:46 PM »
Cool, I would polish the entire length of the barrel though.

Offline Xpiatio

• First Name (Displayed): Benjamin
Re: Aesthetic mods for PX4 Storm 9mm full size
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2014, 10:20:32 PM »
Cool, I would polish the entire length of the barrel though.

I seriously debated to do so.  I just don't want to pit it.