Author Topic: So MCRGO doesn't support Open Carry?  (Read 24389 times)

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
Re: So MCRGO doesn't support Open Carry?
« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2014, 10:34:47 PM »
what law are you complying to?
I open carry to be in compliance with the concealed carry law. D'uh.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline birddseedd

« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2014, 10:36:13 PM »
Perhaps I do not understand what you mean then

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2014, 10:47:23 PM »
Perhaps I do not understand what you mean then
I don't OC as a form of protest. I OC, in part, because the statutes pertaining to concealed carry require that I do so. If you are not familiar with the statutes, I recommend that you attend a MOC Seminar in your area sometime. These seminars, conducted by MOC, are a great way to become familiar with the statutes relevant to the open carry of a handgun in Michigan.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline birddseedd

« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2014, 11:07:35 PM »
Ok, so you are talking about in the no conceal carry zones. You conceal everywhere else then?

I oc everywhere. Concealing just isn't comfortable for me. At least not with this holster

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #44 on: June 28, 2014, 11:11:34 PM »
Ok, so you are talking about in the no conceal carry zones. You conceal everywhere else then?

I oc everywhere. Concealing just isn't comfortable for me. At least not with this holster
No, I don't conceal carry every where else.

I open carry at work.

And sometimes, like when I wear a suit, I conceal carry. Or if I am wearing a jacket, I conceal carry. It all depends on what clothes I am wearing, I suppose.

And sometimes, when necessary, I LGOC. In fact, last Thursday, I did an IHLGOC at work.

Offline birddseedd

« Reply #45 on: June 28, 2014, 11:14:22 PM »
So you just do whatever is comfortable and legal at the time. Makes sense. What work do you do. Security?

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #46 on: June 28, 2014, 11:21:11 PM »
So you just do whatever is comfortable and legal at the time. Makes sense. What work do you do. Security?
That pretty  much sums it up. Yes, I work part time for a security organization.

Offline birddseedd

« Reply #47 on: June 28, 2014, 11:22:32 PM »
I thought about starting a security company. Would be hard tho as I would not enforce a no gun rule

Offline Jeff

« Reply #48 on: June 29, 2014, 12:26:59 AM »
Pat is the American James Bond.

Offline birddseedd

« Reply #49 on: June 29, 2014, 09:45:18 AM »
Pat is the American James Bond.

Sounds expensive

Offline Langenc

• MOC Member
« Reply #50 on: June 29, 2014, 04:59:59 PM »
Ok, it's time then for me to come out and clarify my position on OC as well:

James, from Dallas, Texas STRONGLY SUPPORTS the Open Carry of firearms.

Because if not, I might as well just stand upon the graves of the Founders, rip the Constitution to shreds, and burn the American flag for good measure...

Good job Tex.. As youi say--one is either with us or against us--hang together or seperately--by Obama and the media.

Offline birddseedd

« Reply #51 on: June 30, 2014, 07:37:05 PM »
not sure i'm in the right thread, but what about carrying the desert eagle? will i get yelled at for that?

its a holsterable pistol thats not scary like an ar pistol.

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #52 on: June 30, 2014, 08:13:43 PM »
not sure i'm in the right thread, but what about carrying the desert eagle? will i get yelled at for that?

I think you're in the wrong thread.

And who said anything about being scary? Or yelling?

You seem to be making some things up. Maybe your not even in the right forum.

Offline birddseedd

« Reply #53 on: June 30, 2014, 08:15:29 PM »
must be the wrong thread. i asked about carrying an ar15 pistol. was told i couldnt. as its not really a self defense pistol.

might have to do some reading to find the right thread

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #54 on: June 30, 2014, 08:19:30 PM »
must be the wrong thread. i asked about carrying an ar15 pistol. was told i couldnt. as its not really a self defense pistol.

might have to do some reading to find the right thread

No, you asked about carrying a Desert Eagle, not an AR pistol. Those are two distinctly different guns.

Offline birddseedd

« Reply #55 on: June 30, 2014, 08:20:33 PM »
I asked in a different thread, which i will try to find, so we can get back to topic here

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #56 on: June 30, 2014, 08:21:33 PM »
I asked in a different thread, which i will try to find, so we can get back to topic here
And that would be...?

Offline TucTom

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Tom
« Reply #57 on: July 02, 2014, 02:23:22 PM »
I'm not sure when this subject turned from original. But I agree with Pat in this
OC at its core is not a form of protest for me. In fact it is quite the opposite for myself. It is a form of compliance. I carry a pistol because it is the most convenient tool for me to utilize as a self defense tool.

LGOC is not convenient for me as a common tool for self defense. In fact, it is by far too inconvenient to be utilized on a regular basis. However, as a tool to exercise my 1A right about my 2A right, it is useful. That's about all it is good for.

I am not out carrying for the attention. I have never had an issue with any person be it Police or regular Joe/Jane. I carry for protection.

Offline birddseedd

« Reply #58 on: July 02, 2014, 03:03:33 PM »
I am not out carrying for the attention.

Is this what you think i do?

Offline #1Gunner

• MOC Member
« Reply #59 on: July 02, 2014, 04:01:23 PM »
Is this what you think i do?
I am still confused on this one. Two people at the romulus march were carrying AR15 pistols and were told to put them back in the car which they did so to not stir the pot. MOC supports LGOC but MOC member told those people to put them away? Doesnt make any sense. Or was it just because we didn't want to send some particular message that day? One has to wonder if MOC supports it then why were they told to put them away?? Everything I have seen written or discussed on these forums frowns upon OC of longun (ar Pistol) and the people on this forum can't deny that. Everyone thinks its to get attention but aren't people attracting attention when they OC regularly? OK watch you will get the regulars denying this fact that they OC because its comfortable etc etc etc which is all true but you and I both know they also like the attention it attracts or are at least OK with it attracting attention or they wouldnt do it. My friend OC his rifle because its all he can OC at his age without CPL. Also sometimes it is a good thing to carry in protest right place right time I see no issues at all with it.