Author Topic: Good cop, bad cop  (Read 3507 times)

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
Good cop, bad cop
« on: May 27, 2014, 07:12:51 PM »
Twenty year [veteran] cops are one thing most have a couple of things going for them like personality and a bit of common sense. Living in New Mexico we have a huge selection from the older “good guys” to the younger Nazi type who usually shoot you then ask you a question. About 3 years ago I worked a swing shift so my go home time was usually between midnight and 2 A,M. meaning you are in the middle of the drunk patrol time frame. I was stopped one night by what I would call one of the senior officer’s for having a tail light out (it was) as was asked if I had any weapons in the vehicle I said I did on the floor in a case in my backseat. He asked my what I was using and I replied a Kimber Custom Combat, he was carrying a Kimber so we spent the next 10 minutes talking pistols, no hassle no problem, wrote me a warning for the tail light and off I went.

The next Friday night I was stopped at a DUI checkpoint on my way home asked if had any weapons I replied yes twit screams “GUN” draws down on me and has about 3 other officers dropping everything and heading towards me. He is screaming and making demands I cannot comply with he keeps trying to open my door (it was locked) I’m scared and finally they let me out of my truck with at least 3 officers pointing guns at me put me face down on the ground they keep yelling so I can’t really answer any questions. They cuff me and yank me up at about which time the senior cop from a week before happens to walk up, he remembers me and starts talking, off come the cuffs he’s asking them what they think they are doing and why? He proceeded to chew them all out and I received a very grudging apology from the young cop.

I’m also a former LEO so I felt very lucky in not getting shot. What I am seeing is a changing of the guard as the new officer’s seem more about numbers and attitude than about being part of the community. They seem to have lots of training but little common sense and little respect for the folks they are supposed to protect.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2014/05/daniel-zimmerman/cops-mraps-and-the-heartbreak-of-police-operator-syndrome/#comment-1797891

Offline Jeff

Re: Good cop, bad cop
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2014, 09:20:22 PM »
I’m also a former LEO so I felt very lucky in not getting shot. What I am seeing is a changing of the guard as the new officer’s seem more about numbers and attitude than about being part of the community. They seem to have lots of training but little common sense and little respect for the folks they are supposed to protect.

Sad times.

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
Good cop, bad cop
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2014, 10:12:59 AM »
It's becoming a criminal gang legitimized by government.
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).