Author Topic: Home Depot Allows Open Carry Gun Rally  (Read 7165 times)

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
Home Depot Allows Open Carry Gun Rally
« on: June 01, 2014, 11:45:26 PM »

Home Depot’s corporate communications director: “Our feeling is that ultimately, the voters direct the laws on gun carry issues, so we defer to the prevailing ordinances in states and communities,” said Stephen Holmes. “Therefore, customers who are legally permitted to carry firearms are allowed to do so when entering our stores, provided the firearms are carried in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.”

http://www.forbes.com/sites/clareoconnor/2014/05/29/home-depot-allows-open-carry-gun-rally-as-sonic-chilis-review-policies/

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
Re: Home Depot Allows Open Carry Gun Rally
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2014, 11:58:07 PM »
“About 150 people, many of them bearing strong opinions and semi-automatic rifles, assembled on a busy street corner Saturday to make their case for a change in Texas gun laws.”

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/metro/20140531-open-carry-group-holds-rally-at-home-depot-in-north-richland-hills.ece

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2014, 12:03:29 AM »

CORPUS CHRISTI – A group of gun owners across the state will continue peaceful demonstrations asking for change in restrictive open carry laws.  The goal is to get the public and Texas legislature to amend laws that do not allow handgun gun owners to openly carry their weapons.

As it stands, gun owners are only able to carry rifles or shotguns out in the open. Yet the state forces handguns to be concealed at all times.  This weekend the local Open Carry group will be at Target to educate shoppers about their cause.

http://www.kztv10.com/news/peaceful-open-carry-protest-this-weekend/

Offline bigt8261

• MOC President
  • MOC Board Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc
  • First Name (Displayed): Tom
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2014, 09:33:01 AM »
“Therefore, customers who are legally permitted to carry firearms are allowed to do so when entering our stores, provided the firearms are carried in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.”

That is all we ask.

Offline Jeff

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2014, 05:21:53 PM »
It drives me crazy seeing people with Sight ready AR's and not putting any sights on them.  They just had to have an AR that they bought the cheapest version then never put any sights or optics on it.  Drives me crazy.

BUT good for Home Depot. makes me happy.

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2014, 08:17:54 PM »
It drives me crazy seeing people with Sight ready AR's and not putting any sights on them. 

Looks like the rifle has flip up iron sights similar to this 6940, except it has a standard hand guard instead of a rail.

« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 08:24:16 PM by gryphon »

Offline Jeff

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2014, 09:20:38 PM »
I see no rear sight on hers. 

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2014, 10:23:16 PM »
Here, I've blown it up.  Click on image and look closer at the front and rear.  You can see a folded down front sight and the rear looks to be a low profile sight.  Definitely looks like there is something on the rail above the charging handle.  It's not bulky like a Magpul sight, but it looks like there is one.  Crappy pic, though.

Offline Jeff

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2014, 12:42:46 AM »
Looks like it's just the charging handle to me.

Either way, it reminds me of all the sightless firearms I see in movies. :cuss: :mad:

I have decided to be mad and stay mad, so if she does have a rear sight, ill just be mad over being reminded by firearms without sights, and that her sights are folded down.  But if you pretend her two kids is actually ONE kid that would be a really wide baby...awesome.

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2014, 01:00:53 AM »
Now that I look closer, maybe that isn't a fold down front site, either.  Oh well, who said you need sights to shoot a rifle?

Offline Langenc

• MOC Member
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2014, 10:51:02 PM »
Looks like it's just the charging handle to me.

Either way, it reminds me of all the sightless firearms I see in movies. :cuss: :mad:

I have decided to be mad and stay mad, so if she does have a rear sight, ill just be mad over being reminded by firearms without sights, and that her sights are folded down.  But if you pretend her two kids is actually ONE kid that would be a really wide baby...awesome.

Two kids--look at the shoes!!

Offline Jeff

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2014, 01:37:35 AM »
Two kids--look at the shoes!!

Well, when she forgets to put sights on, she forgot to put the same shoe on too :D