Author Topic: Does your spouse OC or conceal?  (Read 10101 times)

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
Re: Does your spouse OC or conceal?
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2014, 11:42:32 AM »
What does "certified in use of deadly force" mean? I truly don't know. I mean the guy is a private citizen is he not?
That comes from the statute that specifies what a "State certified" program consists of. There are no state certified programs for CPL instruction for non-LEO in Michigan. MCOLES is certified to instruct LEOs.
The statute also specifies a course of instruction by a national firearms organization. That is the NRA program. There is no provision for "trained in the use of deadly force" in there program. The instructors instructing the law portion of the NRA course must be a lawyer or a police officer with a JD.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline TucTom

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Tom
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2014, 11:57:55 AM »
So, is it the degree is that gives you a "certification in deadly force"? Or is it a combo of degree and being law enforcement?

A lawyer is not "certified in deadly force" is (s)he?

Again I ask because I have never put much thought into it. Thanks for any additional info.

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2014, 12:02:49 PM »
So, is it the degree is that gives you a "certification in deadly force"? Or is it a combo of degree and being law enforcement?

A lawyer is not "certified in deadly force" is (s)he?

Again I ask because I have never put much thought into it. Thanks for any additional info.
Not necessary for compliance with the NRA provisions.
You're confusing the State Certified course requirements with the nationally recognized course requirements.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline SD40VE

• SE Region Posse
  • New Haven, Macomb County
  • First Name (Displayed): Bradley
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2014, 12:24:23 PM »
im pretty sure he is certified to do legal end of the class, he did say he had the proper certification/training to teach that portion. being a former leo i assume thats how he is able to do so.. my girl got in there through a friend of the family and it was mostly old folks. we were the only 2 young people.

i just wanted to go for moral support but really got into it when we went on the range.

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
Does your spouse OC or conceal?
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2014, 12:28:08 PM »

im pretty sure he is certified to do legal end of the class, he did say he had the proper certification/training to teach that portion. being a former leo i assume thats how he is able to do so.. my girl got in there through a friend of the family and it was mostly old folks. we were the only 2 young people.

i just wanted to go for moral support but really got into it when we went on the range.

Most Michigan LEOs are not POST certified.
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline SD40VE

• SE Region Posse
  • New Haven, Macomb County
  • First Name (Displayed): Bradley
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2014, 12:41:34 PM »
he was not a michigan cop. he was in the coast guard down in florida, then went into law enforcement. retired, became a nra CPL instructor and coach.

i cant find anything offhand on his company one on one which he had a shirt and hat for. we did the class in mikado. i think ()but dont quote me) he is from lincoln michigan

Offline Xpiatio

• First Name (Displayed): Benjamin
Re: Re: Does your spouse OC or conceal?
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2014, 11:36:37 PM »
The last winter leaves
Clinging to the black branches
Explode into birds.
+1