Author Topic: MI GOP candidate training seminar held in CRIMINAL EMPOWERMENT ZONE  (Read 3835 times)

Offline detroit_fan

• AmmoDump
  • 2 chairs, no waiting
  • First Name (Displayed): Jason
MCRGO posted that the Michigan Republican Party will be holding a candidate training seminar for candidates, campaign managers, and activists this coming Saturday at East Lansing. I asked Brady if lawful handgun carry was allowed and was told to email Tyler, here is his reply-

Unfortunately, handgun carry is illegal at the Kellogg Hotel & Conference Center – the venue where the training is being conducted – because it is on a college campus and managed by University employees.

Offline mosnar87

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Ervin
"I don't want to be someone that successfully defends himself with a pistol.  I want to be someone that never has to defend himself with a pistol."
-Bronson, 2013

"Its not what I do for a living, its that I want to keep doing it"
-Evil Creamsicle, 2010

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
Re: MI GOP candidate training seminar held in CRIMINAL EMPOWERMENT ZONE
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2014, 06:14:57 PM »
Unfortunately, handgun carry is illegal at the Kellogg Hotel & Conference Center – the venue where the training is being conducted – because it is on a college campus and managed by University employees.

Um, firearm carry at the Kellogg Hotel and Conference Center is not prohibited by MSU ordinances or state law.  Tell Tyler, whoever he is.

Offline venator

• MOC Member
    • My Parents Open Carry book order
Re: MI GOP candidate training seminar held in CRIMINAL EMPOWERMENT ZONE
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2014, 07:56:09 PM »
MSU's ordinance follows state law.  So carry is allowed except in classrooms and dorms.
Family book on OPEN CARRY go to: http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/
Looking forward to having more smites than posts.  Thanks all.
The above are my opinions only.  Please seek an attorney concerning all questions of law.