Author Topic: cops called again  (Read 10410 times)

Offline birddseedd

cops called again
« on: June 07, 2014, 07:01:52 PM »
Cops were called on me again today, they were completely utterly disinterested in me. If the cops in california or texas saw me (in one of those states) i would have been hauled off to jail.

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
Re: cops called again
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2014, 08:04:48 PM »
Cops were called on me again today

What did you do?

Offline birddseedd

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2014, 08:24:08 PM »
What did you do?

Opencarry at library

Offline Jeff

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2014, 08:46:28 PM »
They were not interested in you at all, so that is a good thing right?

Offline birddseedd

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2014, 09:02:06 PM »
They were not interested in you at all, so that is a good thing right?

Yea, it is. One tried to say something about federal law, clearly talking out of his rear end. another asked if i had a ccw. that was pretty much the end of it. I actually walked back after i had crossed the road and saw them pull up. told them i didnt want to show people the impression of a guy with a guy who leaves as soon as the cops pull up. Darth vader was there also.

Offline autosurgeon

• MOC Treasurer
  • MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Ryan
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2014, 12:18:04 PM »
What library where?

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk

Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Offline birddseedd

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2014, 10:09:02 PM »
downtown kalamazoo

Offline harleyh77

• First Name (Displayed): Steve
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2014, 04:11:30 PM »
The article on mlive makes it sound like it was a much bigger ordeal than it sounds. http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2014/06/man_with_gun_at_kalamazoo_libr.html
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life" -Robert A. Heinlein

Offline birddseedd

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2014, 08:06:50 PM »
Yea. it was crazy. The cops were completely disinterested. I did speak with mlive. did a phone interview, made a video statement and a picture of me ragged looking at work.

I sure hope i didnt say anything stupid.

Offline bigt8261

• MOC President
  • MOC Board Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc
  • First Name (Displayed): Tom
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2014, 08:56:01 PM »
No you shouldn't sue. You don't have a case.

You might be able to get an injunction against them enforcing their policy, but I recommend you save the $$$.

Whatever you do, STOP TALKING ABOUT SUING in the comments of an article, and if you do plan to sue STOP TALKING ALTOGETHER.

:spank:

Offline birddseedd

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2014, 09:51:04 PM »
I agree. suing would not really accomplish anything. just give me a bad image. this will go away on its own. i mean, its not like i havnt open carried there before. this time there just happened to be a guy there (with a anti child abuse t shirt) that didnt like my gun. hint, he is the one that made a stink to the staff.

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2014, 10:29:16 AM »
I was driving back to MI yesterday afternoon and tuned in The Jeremy Lawrence Show on WKZO 590 AM.  He brought up this incident and mentioned MOC a lot, and Rob Harris several times.  He kept saying there has to be a middle ground, and he was obviously trying to steer the conversation to CC without saying it.  He also might have mischaracterized the incident, as it didn't exactly match up to what has been presented here (which is not very much).

Offline birddseedd

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2014, 10:38:34 AM »
I don't know why this has been so blown up. There was a guy with a gun, he left. That was pretty much it. I don't know why moc is even being mentioned. It was me and my family. I have not mentioned moc to anybody

Offline bigt8261

• MOC President
  • MOC Board Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc
  • First Name (Displayed): Tom
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2014, 11:14:36 AM »
The reporter called MOC's medial director Rob Harris.

I have been emailing with the reporter. She is clearly an anti with no interest in doing research. She is a hack and you are feeding her and the trolls in the comments.

There is a smart way to go about this and it is not the way you are doing it. I've been where you are now. Well meaning people who just want to help are eaten alive by the media.

In my opinion, you are too nice, forthcoming and ill prepared to be talking to the media. This is your story and if you wish to continue on, that is your choice. You have my recommendation.

Offline birddseedd

« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2014, 11:33:16 AM »
You are right about one thing. I'm no public speaker. But this will blow over in a day or two and be forgotten. I'm be happy when it does and I can take my kid too another bounce house. Not jungle joe's, he won't let me have my gun there.

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
cops called again
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2014, 03:50:39 PM »
Ok. I'm on vacation. I'm making an effort to not post in MOC groups right now.

That being said, I come here just to tell the OP: stop talking about it, please. This includes: on FB, here, and especially to the media!

I realize you're trying to help, but in this case you are dealing with a media professional who happens to be anti-gun and is a professional spinner. She even gave our media director who has a lot if experience with the media a hard time.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 04:00:00 PM by TheQ »
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline birddseedd

« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2014, 05:43:13 PM »
Yea. i agree. although i have talked with others who were way more anti gun and anti fact. but anyway, i got her to fix the article, as far as not approving of open carry groups. that statement was not written correctly, obviously. with that fixed i think ill put it all behind me. two days of drama i didn't really need. i doubt ill ever talk to the press again either. i'm not a public speaker. i do much better speaking with people one on one.

Offline birddseedd

« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2014, 04:52:58 PM »
I gotta go back. They went reserve a book for me till I go in and renew my card

Offline TheQ

• MOC Lifetime Member
cops called again
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2014, 05:12:27 PM »
Have fun. This time, don't capitulate, don't talk to: cops or media.

Offline TheQ

• MOC Lifetime Member
cops called again
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2014, 05:12:53 PM »
And have a copy of CADL v MOC in hand.