Author Topic: Anyone want to protest the gun show with me tomorrow?  (Read 5718 times)

Offline birddseedd

Anyone want to protest the gun show with me tomorrow?
« on: June 07, 2014, 10:43:40 PM »
"If you won't go to a restaurant that bars guns, why go to a gun show that bars guns"

?

Offline TexasSupporter

• First Name (Displayed): James
Re: Anyone want to protest the gun show with me tomorrow?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2014, 12:17:50 AM »
What gun show is this?  A gun show barring guns?  Are you kidding me?  I'd protest with you but I'm down here in Texas still trying to get OC...

Offline birddseedd

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2014, 12:18:51 AM »
What gun show is this?  A gun show barring guns?  Are you kidding me?  I'd protest with you but I'm down here in Texas still trying to get OC...

Gun show here in Michigan does not allow guns unless they lock out your gun.

Offline part deux

• MOC Member
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2014, 08:44:22 AM »
Gun show here in Michigan does not allow guns unless they lock out your gun.
Name one gun show that allows you to carry your firearm?

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2014, 09:19:48 AM »
There one in Grand Rapids that does. I think Shadow Bear talked about it before.

Offline birddseedd

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2014, 09:41:00 AM »

I cant protest at all of them.

Offline linux203

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Daniel
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2014, 10:41:14 AM »
I question the legality of a certain gun show regulating carry of firearms and possession of ammunition at certain venues.  MCL 123.1102.

Can a local unit of government grant authority to a private entity that they themselves don't possess?
When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own palace, his goods are in peace. Luke 11:21

Then He said to them, “But now, he who has a money bag, let him take it, and likewise a knapsack; and he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one."  Luke 22:36

Offline birddseedd

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2014, 10:44:55 AM »
The way I understand it is that it falls under land ownership laws, and according to the law, from my uninformed understanding, is that the authority goes to the person renting, even if it is public owned, its under control of the renter as if it were private, as its a private renter. such as when you rent a house, you can kick people off of the property without calling the actual owner. If you are sued, you get sued, not the land owner.

is how it was put to me.

Offline birddseedd

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2014, 10:48:05 AM »
as far as MCL 123.1102 goes, this is not a government rule, ita a rule of the gun show company, you can go into the lobby, and all other rooms of the fairgrounds, just not the room the gun show is renting.

Offline linux203

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Daniel
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2014, 11:00:32 AM »
Search the MOC forums for "Uncle Sam Jam" and "Arts, Beats, and Eats."  Both are examples of a private entity on public property.
When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own palace, his goods are in peace. Luke 11:21

Then He said to them, “But now, he who has a money bag, let him take it, and likewise a knapsack; and he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one."  Luke 22:36

Offline Shadow Bear

• Dark Lord of the Internet
  • MOC Member
  • Human Rights Activist
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2014, 08:04:02 PM »
Never, ever, EVER support ANY organization or business that spits on your human rights.

You carry for a reason, right? Does that reason magically disappear when you cross the threshold? No, it does not. If you voluntarily disarm to save a few pennies, was it worth it?

Like the sign says: nothing inside is worth dying for....that includes malls, stores, restaurants and PARTICULARLY Fudd gun shows.

Support your local firearms shop that respects your human rights.
Its not GUN rights, its HUMAN rights.

Offline Super Trucker

• MOC Member
Re: Re: Anyone want to protest the gun show with me tomorrow?
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2014, 05:42:32 AM »
There is one in Taylor every few months (not the trade center) and the jj sport gun shows on the west side of the state are 2 that I can think of.

Offline Raggs

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2014, 07:31:14 AM »
Should we support business where the corporate policy is no guns even if a local store is ok with firearms? Don't some of the profits still work the way back to corporate?

Offline SteveS

• AmmoDump
  • First Name (Displayed): Steve
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2014, 05:55:47 PM »
The way I understand it is that it falls under land ownership laws, and according to the law, from my uninformed understanding, is that the authority goes to the person renting, even if it is public owned, its under control of the renter as if it were private, as its a private renter. such as when you rent a house, you can kick people off of the property without calling the actual owner. If you are sued, you get sued, not the land owner.

is how it was put to me.

IMO, this is correct.  Preemption is a limit on the power of the state, not a limit on the actual property.  If a private entity leases or rents a space for their exclusive use, then I believe they could restrict firearms.  That being said this has been going on for a long time and it has never gone to court.