Author Topic: got sheriff called me in iosco county this weekend  (Read 21906 times)

Offline Pond Scum

• MOC Lifetime Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Glenn
Re: got sheriff called me in iosco county this weekend
« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2014, 04:11:20 PM »
It's not as if banning or legalizing a substance magically makes it healthy or unhealthy.

I agree.  Properly used something may save your life .... improperly used the same thing can end your life.  Could be food .... could be water .....  could be a drug .... could be a gun .....

Offline Shadow Bear

• Dark Lord of the Internet
  • MOC Member
  • Human Rights Activist
« Reply #41 on: October 31, 2014, 07:34:42 PM »
Pretty sure most of the 'bad' comes from the so called 'war on drugs'. Prohibition has fueled the profits in the black markets, and flooded the streets with violence between competing suppliers, and products of widely varying potency and purity.

I'n not a user of currently illegal drugs, and not likely to become a user if they become legal, but I believe it's time we drag this travesty into the light of day- the best antiseptic. Too bad the trade props up 'allies' in South America; our government wouldn't want them to have to play by civilized rules.
Its not GUN rights, its HUMAN rights.

Offline CitizensHaveRights

• First Name (Displayed): Mitch
« Reply #42 on: October 31, 2014, 07:54:06 PM »
At least the federal ban on alcohol was constitutional. They had to amend the constitution to give them the power to ban commerce in alcohol, and they did it. All subsequent drug bans were enacted without the extra step of making them constitutional before enacting them.
"A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed "  - Who has a right to keep and eat food, The People or A Well Balanced Breakfast?

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
« Reply #43 on: November 05, 2014, 02:21:14 PM »

It's not as if banning or legalizing a substance magically makes it healthy or unhealthy.

http://rightmi.com/i-dont-smoke-pot-but-i-think-you-should-be-able-to/

6. Many of these drugs actually have valid medical uses

Study after study has shown something simple: Cannabis Can Cure Cancer.  Guess what else, there is good evidence that shows MDMA AKA Molly AKA Ecstasy can be combined with therapy to  cure PTSD unlike anything else.  I’m not talking about treatment that makes life easier or helps people cope, I’m talking about a cure!

Of course, there isn’t many domestic studies on cancer or MDMA because both have been declared Schedule I by the US FDA.  That means these drugs have been declared (by the Government) to have no legitimate medical use and therefore medicinal studies and use is prohibited.

But why stay on topic? ;)
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline part deux

• MOC Member
« Reply #44 on: November 05, 2014, 06:50:49 PM »
as long as we're off topic... good friend of mine is a "provider"  She's absolutely convinced cannabis is a great aid to cancer.

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #45 on: November 05, 2014, 09:26:34 PM »
Bad for the people that overdose and die, bad for the people that are killed or injured in car accidents caused by people on drugs, bad for the people that are robbed by people that want money for drugs, bad for the school children that take drugs and have the chemicals changed in their developing brain, bad for the "otherwise honest entrepreneur" that gets gunned down by a not so honest competitor, bad for me and the value of my house because of all of the "drug houses" in my neighborhood, bad for the thousands of Mexicans that are kidnapped or murdered every year by the drug cartels......... This is just a quick list from the "top of my head".   I would contend that drugs are bad for a whole lot of people.

Let's add the family members of the drug abusers to this list.

part deux, you don't need to fix it for me.  I'm happy with how I worded it.

He's right you know. The most widely abused drug is the legal one... alcohol.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #46 on: November 05, 2014, 09:29:22 PM »
as long as we're off topic... good friend of mine is a "provider"  She's absolutely convinced cannabis is a great aid to cancer.
We're off topic? When did that occur?

Hiram Walker is absolute (get it "absolute"?) convinced that alcohol has great medicinal purposes too.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline m.marino

• First Name (Displayed): Michael
« Reply #47 on: November 19, 2014, 06:03:09 PM »
Unfortunately no the most widely abused drugs are OTC Pain killers. They are also one of the largest causes of death and morbidity. Next comes nicotine, than caffeine (which has it's own issues). Alcohol has the rap due to the number of groups that still want to remove it from society and blame the item instead of the social and personal habits and issues of the persons involved. As far as Cannabis is concerned the data on risks or benefits is thin on the ground in both camps and should be a persons choice. I personally can't stand the stuff as it makes me sick to smell it burning at all. Not that this has anything to do with the OP and we really need to stop these wide tangents.
Tuebor Libertatus

Offline Langenc

• MOC Member
« Reply #48 on: December 10, 2014, 11:30:46 PM »
No, that's not it. If it's a boat with a motor, then I would agree a CPL is required. IIRC, there is another statute outside of 750.227 that covers this. Yep, 750.227c. Note, 750.231 applies to 227c just as it applies to 227.

What I was asking about was the justification for the stop. We know an officer can't pull a vehicle over just to make sure the drive is licensed. We also know an officer can't stop someone on the street just to make sure their firearm is licensed.

Can an officer stop a vehicle to make sure the operator has a CPL?

Or, did the stop come about under the pretense of fishing regs?

Kinda old post but was it CC or OC?? Interesting. Im watching this one.