Author Topic: I Used To Come For Your Guns – Now I Support Your Right to Defend Yourself  (Read 2127 times)

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
Former gun-grabber NYC cop changes his attitude.

excerpt:

I learned too many great lessons to count during my time there.  But I also learned one very bad one. One that I am ashamed to admit I complicitly bought into.  That horrible lesson was that gun control and strict gun laws reduce crime and protect people.

I never gave any thought to the implications of law abiding people needing to defend themselves, nor to the concept that criminals don’t follow gun laws.  I didn’t understand just how important the Second Amendment was.

Believing that “if you have a gun, the criminal will take it and use it on you,” I was going to be a do-gooder. I was going to aggressively get those evil guns off the street. We were the cops. We were trained. We had guns, you didn’t need one. We were there to protect you.

How wrong I was.

I’ll close by imparting this piece of advice. I don’t carry a gun daily because I was a cop. I carry a gun daily because as a cop, I saw what happened to the victims who didn’t.

http://www.theblaze.com/contributions/i-used-to-come-for-your-guns-now-i-support-your-right-to-defend-yourself/