Author Topic: Family of criminal shot robbing Waffle House call for stricter gun laws  (Read 2970 times)

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
I'm sure we have the original story here-- the video was only recently released--but I can't find it.   Anyway...

Family of criminal shot robbing Waffle House call for stricter gun laws for honest citizens.

The family of a North Carolina man who was shot and killed while committing an armed robbery is calling for stricter gun laws.

Dante Williams, 19, and his accomplice Jawan Craig walked into the Waffle House restaurant and "terrorized" the customers in 2012 intent on robbing it at gun point. Upon being approached by Williams, gun in hand, one of the patrons, Justin Harrison – who also had a concealed weapon on him but had an actual permit for it – shot Williams in self-defense, killing him "almost instantly."

Williams's cousin Tamika McSwain is saying that although what he did was wrong, he shouldn't have died and is calling for stricter gun laws.  She specifically cites Harrison in her argument, asserting that tougher regulations for the acquirement of concealed weapon permits may have prevented her cousin's death.

McSwain said her cousin obtained the gun through the crowd the teen hung out with – "the wrong crowd," she said, while noting that she believes more training is needed for CWP carriers, specifically Harrison.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/06/26/Family-of-Armed-Robber-Calls-for-Stricter-Gun-Laws/

Offline linux203

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Daniel
When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own palace, his goods are in peace. Luke 11:21

Then He said to them, “But now, he who has a money bag, let him take it, and likewise a knapsack; and he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one."  Luke 22:36

Offline Jeff

Makes sense.

Offline autosurgeon

• MOC Treasurer
  • MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Ryan
Killed him almost instantly... Hmmm nope his training seems good enough.
Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Offline Ezerharden

• Former Secretary
  • MOC Regional Coordinator, Deputy
  • I don't dial 911
  • First Name (Displayed): Mike
She specifically cites Harrison in her argument, asserting that tougher regulations for the acquirement of concealed weapon permits may have prevented her cousin's death.

Actually if her cousin hadn't been a D-bag thug he would probably still be alive.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

I carry a gun because a Police Officer is too heavy.

Offline MI_XD

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Bob

McSwain said her cousin obtained the gun through the crowd the teen hung out with – "the wrong crowd," she said, while noting that she believes more training is needed for CWP carriers, specifically Harrison.

Hmmm.. Looks like it should be a crack down (no pun intended) on the teen crowd and how they got their guns.

And, yes, Harrison's training seemed to be just fine.

MI_XD
MI_XD
SW Michigan
I finally can be Proud of America, again!