Author Topic: Albuquerque dad in court for leaving gun with daughter, 11  (Read 2370 times)

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
Albuquerque dad in court for leaving gun with daughter, 11
« on: July 01, 2014, 08:51:25 PM »
Every parent runs into the problem: what to do with your wee bairn if you have to run out unexpectedly. So when John Ruiz of Albuquerque needed an emergency tattoo, he did what he had to do. He took his 11-year-old daughter to the neighborhood pool, gave her a loaded .22 for protection and left her there. A neighborhood mom noticed the girl with the gat and called the local 5-0.

Apparently it was just a momentary lapse on Ruiz’s part, though. As he told a reporter, “You guys don’t know about harassment or anything else. We’re good people, I don’t know what to tell you. I made a mistake, that’s it.” He’s been charged with child endangerment and is currently out on bail.

http://www.kob.com/article/stories/s3490356.shtml

Offline part deux

• MOC Member
Re: Albuquerque dad in court for leaving gun with daughter, 11
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2014, 08:22:39 AM »
does anybody lock up their kitchen knives?  How about chain saws?  Keys to the other cars?

Offline SteveS

• AmmoDump
  • First Name (Displayed): Steve
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2014, 08:53:28 AM »
A .22 is a lousy choice.  When I need to get a tat, I leave my kids something more effective.

Offline Jeff

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2014, 12:17:12 PM »
I have a .45 they are perfectly safe at home even when I'm not... cause I have a .45