Author Topic: Anyone wanna OC at target with me?  (Read 18982 times)

Offline birddseedd

Anyone wanna OC at target with me?
« on: July 04, 2014, 12:16:52 PM »

Offline detroit_fan

• AmmoDump
  • 2 chairs, no waiting
  • First Name (Displayed): Jason
Re: Anyone wanna OC at target with me?
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2014, 01:30:49 PM »
Do you normally shop at Target? Is this a trip you were going to take anyways, or is it just because of the recent announcement by Target? Are you sure intentionally going into a place that is currently the center of a gun rights debate is the best option for someone like you that has had so many issues recently?

I'm not saying this to be a jerk, just asking becasue you seem to have many more issue than the rest of us do while OC'ing in our daily life.

Edit- also, why would you want to financially reward a company that just took an anti-gun stance and caved to a bloomberg pressure campaign?

Offline birddseedd

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2014, 02:07:03 PM »
Well. If i go, itl be with my family to get my wife a new bathing suite. We kinda had an accident and her bottoms floated away. So i gotta go shop for some by tomorow

Offline TucTom

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Tom
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2014, 06:26:29 PM »
Which Target will you be going to? Like I mentioned in another post I have already been into one of the Targets on Wednesday here in the Kzoo area with no issues. I may need to go tomorrow to pick up a few things and if we happen to be at the same Target at the same time that would be a coincidence. So, which Target and a general time? Otherwise I would be willing to meet up with you and grab some lunch this weekend if you want.

Offline birddseedd

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2014, 06:55:25 PM »
2 on w main?

Offline TucTom

• MOC Member
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2014, 09:35:27 PM »
That is the one I OC'd at on Weds. I'll do my best to go there, I always have stuff I can get at Target.

Offline part deux

• MOC Member
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2014, 10:11:59 PM »
And again

Stop shopping at Target and tell them why you will no longer shop there!

Offline birddseedd

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2014, 11:20:26 PM »
Thats the weird thing. If you exanine their statement, they never actually said you can not have a firearm. They will encourage us not to. Usually I think a company taking a stand is a bit more bold. This sounds like them trying to be politically neutral.

Honestly I think if they were to say they welcome pistols but discourage long guns, it would turn out better for them as a company.

Offline Jeff

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2014, 08:57:50 AM »
"Our approach has always been to follow local laws, and of course, we will continue to do so, but starting today we will also respectfully request that guests not bring firearms to Target — even in communities where it is permitted by law."

So basically, go ahead and bring your firearms in, but we don't want you to bring them in even when we know for sure that it's a legal activity.  We want everyone to know we don't want firearms in our store so that when someone sees a firearm they KNOW you are doing something wrong thus increasing the probability of trouble or harassment.  But go ahead and bring them in anyways because we want your money, just know that we don't want you here.

All target had to do was say "We will follow the laws of the state and nobody is going to sway our opinion otherwise"  Then everyone would have F'd off but they had to bow down and say something to satisfy the Bloomtards.

Offline birddseedd

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2014, 10:00:31 AM »
Yup

I still prefer target over walmart.

Also a homeless guys trash can over walmart

Offline birddseedd

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2014, 01:39:07 PM »
That is the one I OC'd at on Weds. I'll do my best to go there, I always have stuff I can get at Target.
Looks like ill be closer to 230 for lunch

Offline birddseedd

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2014, 04:33:47 PM »
Bathing suites for women are way too expensive

Offline Jeff

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2014, 05:08:17 PM »
Bathing suites for women are way too expensive

Yep, but I wouldn't suggest all women just go naked.

Offline TucTom

• MOC Member
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2014, 05:55:43 PM »
Looks like ill be closer to 230 for lunch

Sorry, too much going on. I am to assume things went just fine? Outside of the costs that is.

Offline birddseedd

« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2014, 07:34:14 PM »
I even went to Starbucks who has an open stand against firearms

Offline birddseedd

« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2014, 08:01:01 PM »
Now im armed AND barefoot at fazolies

Offline Michigander

« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2014, 11:52:43 PM »
Private property is the essence of what rights are about. We are about all about rights as gun rights activists.

Even with a "soft ban" OCing in a place where the owner(s)/CEO/whoever else in charge asked you not to is a counter productive action which spits in the face of the liberty movement. Please do not do it. If you want to spite them, my suggestion would be organize boycotts.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 12:14:37 AM by Michigander »

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2014, 05:20:14 AM »
Private property is the essence of what rights are about. We are about all about rights as gun rights activists.
What rights do businesses open to the public have?  We're not talking about a private home.
Even with a "soft ban" OCing in a place where the owner(s)/CEO/whoever else in charge asked you not to is a counter productive action which spits in the face of the liberty movement. Please do not do it. If you want to spite them, my suggestion would be organize boycotts.
I disagree.  You are correct, private property trumps most (but not all).  However, if XYZ corporation doesn't want guns, all they have to do is ban them.  It's extremely easy.  Target has chosen not to ban guns.  Starbucks has chosen not top ban guns.  Jack in the Box has chosen not the ban guns.  Chipotle has chosen not to ban guns.  Sonic has chosen not to ban guns.

You want to boycott someone?  Boycott Wal*Mart.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 05:40:44 AM by gryphon »

Offline birddseedd

« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2014, 11:34:33 AM »
Target seems pretty gun friendly to me, thats why i spent money there.

thought starbucks was anti gun

Offline Jeff

« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2014, 12:07:44 PM »
Target seems pretty gun friendly to me, thats why i spent money there.

thought starbucks was anti gun

I believe they said something like, we will still serve you but you might get an angry stare from the employees or something like that. lol