Author Topic: Anyone wanna OC at target with me?  (Read 18485 times)

Offline Shadow Bear

• Dark Lord of the Internet
  • MOC Member
  • Human Rights Activist
Re: Anyone wanna OC at target with me?
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2014, 05:01:46 PM »
Target made their choice, and went the cowards way. There is nothing in Target (or other like them) that I cannot purchase elsewhere. No need to organize a boycott. Some people who value human rights will naturally not patronize those establishments. Those who don't, are certainly welcome to support companies that cheerfully throw human rights under the bus in favor of profits. You get the future you 'vote' for.
Its not GUN rights, its HUMAN rights.

Offline birddseedd

« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2014, 06:30:38 PM »
target isnt anti gun.

the gun show that comes to kzoo is. thats why i don't buy stuff there.

Offline tedalton

• MOC Member
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2014, 05:48:00 PM »
I can understand Target's position here.  Target is not in the gun rights, or gun control business.  They are in the "sell stuff to people and make money" business.  They were pushed into the debate by the "bloomtards" (I like that one) and they tried to back out of it in a way that PO'd the fewest people.  So they made their statement that didn't really say anything and hoped MDA would back off and they could go about their business. 
I don't typically respect "fence-riding", but they don't really have a dog in this fight, they made a business decision that they hope will have the most people continuing to buy their stuff.

Offline birddseedd

« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2014, 08:34:54 PM »
I agree, they are trying to be non political. there is nothing wrong with that, but being that they are not caving to the pressure i think that means soemthing, thats why i'm willing to give them my money.

now, the gun show, i'm protesting it next time, as they are very anti gun.

Offline Jeff

« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2014, 08:37:29 PM »
They did cave to the pressure.  That's why they made the statement that they don't want people to bring guns in their stores even when in areas where it's permitted.  That IS caving to the pressure.  They could have done the Staples thing and said.  Eat a huge bag of veiny dicks, we will follow the laws of the state.

Offline birddseedd

« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2014, 08:40:43 PM »
i don't know what stables said, but i don't see them as caving, caving would be to say you can not have guns in our stores, they did not say that.

Offline autosurgeon

• MOC Treasurer
  • MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Ryan
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2014, 10:04:38 PM »
What they said was we want this to go away....
Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Offline Shadow Bear

• Dark Lord of the Internet
  • MOC Member
  • Human Rights Activist
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2014, 10:29:21 PM »
What they said was we want this to go away....
And, go away I shall. A simple 'we follow the law' would have stymied the pressure from the people who advocate violating human rights.
Its not GUN rights, its HUMAN rights.

Offline TucTom

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Tom
« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2014, 08:42:13 AM »
Shadow Bear, if we all (legal gun) carriers just go away or stop shopping at these stores that "Prefer we leave our guns at home" doesn't that mean that the anti's have won?? I mean if there are no more legal gun owners in Target who does that leave? If I on the other hand still shop at Target and an Anti sees me, do I not prove I CAN AND WILL still be around?

I don't want to argue whether people feel they should or shouldn't, but I am wondering your thoughts on this. I have never said I couldn't be swayed to stop shopping at these places.

Offline part deux

• MOC Member
« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2014, 08:42:33 AM »
i don't know what stables said, but i don't see them as caving, caving would be to say you can not have guns in our stores, they did not say that.
These words are pretty clear to me
"asking people not to bring firearms into its stores"

If I ask you to not come to my home, will you still continue to show up?

If I ask you not to bring a firearm to my house, will you still show up?

STOP SHOPPING AT TARGET

Offline birddseedd

« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2014, 08:44:59 AM »
You cant pick and choose what parts of a statement you want to apply and what parts you want to ignore. doing so distorts what is being said.

Offline Super Trucker

• MOC Member
« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2014, 09:12:27 AM »
So it is ok to carry at target after they say they don't want guns in their stores but not ok to carry at a gun show that says the same as target? You want to protest one and reward the other with your money.

Was your favorite gun shiney and put into service 103 years ago?

Offline birddseedd

« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2014, 09:13:45 AM »
Target doesnt care if you have firearms on their property or not, the gun show does.

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2014, 09:37:21 AM »
Target doesnt care if you have firearms on their property or not, the gun show does.
Target does care. How hard is it to comprehend that "don't bring guns into our stores" means "don't bring guns into our stores"?
Seems pretty basic to me...

DO NOT TAKE GUNS INTO TARGET STORES. D'UH!!!
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline birddseedd

« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2014, 09:48:12 AM »
You put that in quotation marks as if thy actually said it. Misquoting someone doesn't make it true. However it does mislead people

Offline detroit_fan

• AmmoDump
  • 2 chairs, no waiting
  • First Name (Displayed): Jason
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2014, 09:49:27 AM »
They did cave to the pressure.  That's why they made the statement that they don't want people to bring guns in their stores even when in areas where it's permitted.  That IS caving to the pressure.  They could have done the Staples thing and said.  Eat a huge bag of veiny dicks, we will follow the laws of the state.
yep, I agree. Can't believe any gun rights supporter would continue to give them money

Offline part deux

• MOC Member
« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2014, 11:16:54 AM »
You put that in quotation marks as if thy actually said it. Misquoting someone doesn't make it true. However it does mislead people

Point made, from target's own website, here is the exact quote
"we also respectfully request that guests not bring firearms to Target,

Offline part deux

• MOC Member
« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2014, 11:18:34 AM »
So it is ok to carry at target after they say they don't want guns in their stores but not ok to carry at a gun show that says the same as target? You want to protest one and reward the other with your money.

Was your favorite gun shiney and put into service 103 years ago?
Another Red Herring...

But to answer your distraction, i don't attend gun shows either.

Offline birddseedd

« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2014, 11:23:07 AM »
Point made, from target's own website, here is the exact quote
"we also respectfully request that guests not bring firearms to Target,

i'm not used to people actually paying attention to me, this feels awkward

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #39 on: July 08, 2014, 12:10:36 PM »
i'm not used to people actually paying attention to me, this feels awkward
Nobody's paying attention to you. You're just drawing attention to yourself. Big difference.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update