Author Topic: Anyone wanna OC at target with me?  (Read 19090 times)

Offline birddseedd

Re: Anyone wanna OC at target with me?
« Reply #40 on: July 08, 2014, 12:14:46 PM »
unintentionally so

Offline Jeff

« Reply #42 on: July 10, 2014, 03:41:15 PM »
HA!

But I do feel bad for the people who were in danger.  IMO, carry your gun anyways.  Don't want to let some restriction or statement jeopardize your life.  Like CC in a movie theater.  A long time ago on the news they were interviewing gun shop owners and instructors and they were even saying that people need to weigh the pros and the cons.  The cons of not having your firearm could get you killed, or possibly a fine for carrying and which would you prefer to be killed or get a fine? (something alone those lines)

Of course when someone makes such a bold statement of "we don't want you in here with your guns" it becomes a more dangerous place and should probably be avoided anyways.

Offline birddseedd

« Reply #43 on: July 10, 2014, 03:50:53 PM »
"we don't want you in here with your guns"

Target CEO never said that

Offline Jeff

« Reply #44 on: July 10, 2014, 04:48:18 PM »
Not that exact quote but in general that's what they ultimately are saying whenever they have these silly anti gun statements.

If someone said, John Doe isn't very intelligent, never thinks before he speaks, never learned any tact, everything he says is wrong and makes little sense.    It's easier to just realize they want to say "John Doe is stuipd"

And that's basically what all those places are saying is "we don't want you in here with your guns"

Offline birddseedd

« Reply #45 on: July 11, 2014, 08:55:27 AM »
That's not at all what target was saying.

If you rent to generalize, they were saying please do not politicize us with the gun debate, we just want to sell stuff

Oh, btw, for those that did not see it, the article was just a ploy. As if nobody anywhere in any other parking lot for robbed that day

Offline part deux

• MOC Member
« Reply #46 on: July 11, 2014, 10:04:49 AM »
That's not at all what target was saying.

If you rent to generalize, they were saying please do not politicize us with the gun debate, we just want to sell stuff

Oh, btw, for those that did not see it, the article was just a ploy. As if nobody anywhere in any other parking lot for robbed that day

Target was clear in their message, leave your firearms at home, we don't want them in our stores.

We should abide by their request and leave our firearms at home, right next to our wallets and car keys.

Virtually every mass murder has taken place in a legislative or commercial gun free zone.  It's also been well documented that crimes are higher in these GFZ.  You can rationalize to yourself that the request somehow doesn't apply to you, and crime happens everywhere, but until everybody stops shopping at Target and sends them a message, these companies will continue down the path of "feel good" policy to satisfy bloomberg and his minions.

Offline birddseedd

« Reply #47 on: July 14, 2014, 09:38:05 AM »
Their message was clear yes, but you do not know what that message was saying because you pick and choose what parts of peoples comments you want to agree with and what you want to ignore. if you read the WHOLE message in its proper context, you would realize, they are not anti gun. if it is lawful to carry, they will abide by the law.

they are just trying to make those nagging women shut up and go back to their kitchens where they belong.

Offline SD40VE

• SE Region Posse
  • New Haven, Macomb County
  • First Name (Displayed): Bradley
« Reply #48 on: July 14, 2014, 10:32:33 AM »
a friedn had to go to target at 23 and gratiot for a sale item. i OC with no problems. no one freaked out or caused a mass panic. very uneventful

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #49 on: July 14, 2014, 01:09:52 PM »
Their message was clear yes, but you do not know what that message was saying because you pick and choose what parts of peoples comments you want to agree with and what you want to ignore. if you read the WHOLE message in its proper context, you would realize, they are not anti gun. if it is lawful to carry, they will abide by the law.

they are just trying to make those nagging women shut up and go back to their kitchens where they belong.
You are absolutely right that they don't have to be anti-gun to tell us not to bring guns into their stores.

Saying "Please" though doesn't make the policy any less offensive...

"Please, do not bring guns into our stores."

It is just as offensive as...

"Do not bring guns into our stores."
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #50 on: July 14, 2014, 01:12:05 PM »
a friedn had to go to target at 23 and gratiot for a sale item. i OC with no problems. no one freaked out or caused a mass panic. very uneventful
Target has made it abundantly clear that they do not want guns in their stores.
Tell us why you carried a gun into their store against their wishes.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline birddseedd

« Reply #51 on: July 14, 2014, 01:14:22 PM »
In most cases I would probably agree. Although in this case I understand what position they are in. They have to make everyone happy, which is an impossible task. Considering that, asking with them not actually taking action against anyone, im not offended

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #52 on: July 14, 2014, 01:16:39 PM »
In most cases I would probably agree. Although in this case I understand what position they are in. They have to make everyone happy, which is an impossible task. Considering that, asking with them not actually taking action against anyone, im not offended
But should some local government enact an ordinance saying no guns that they didn't enforce and you'd go ballistic to get it removed.

Offline birddseedd

« Reply #53 on: July 14, 2014, 01:17:00 PM »

Because they did not make it clear. You don't read context in things and are just easily offended, no offense.

Offline birddseedd

« Reply #54 on: July 14, 2014, 01:18:36 PM »
But should some local government enact an ordinance saying no guns that they didn't enforce and you'd go ballistic to get it removed.

Uncomparable exemple

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #55 on: July 14, 2014, 01:19:01 PM »
Because they did not make it clear. You don't read context in things and are just easily offended, no offense.
How much more clear does someone have to be?
And the context is right there to be seen.
"Please do not bring guns into our stores."

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #56 on: July 14, 2014, 01:19:37 PM »
Uncomparable exemple
Yes, I forgot to add "Please"

Offline SD40VE

• SE Region Posse
  • New Haven, Macomb County
  • First Name (Displayed): Bradley
« Reply #57 on: July 14, 2014, 01:23:44 PM »

they said we ask you dont bring guns into our stores. they also said they wont call the cops or ask you to leave if you do. so i did because i did not fear them asking me to leave or call the cops. i didnt support the store in any way. i just happened to be with someone who had to stop there and i didnt want to disarm and leave my firearm int heir car without a safe. smash and grab was more of a concern that targets wishes at the time

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #58 on: July 14, 2014, 01:27:29 PM »
they said we ask you dont bring guns into our stores. they also said they wont call the cops or ask you to leave if you do. so i did because i did not fear them asking me to leave or call the cops. i didnt support the store in any way. i just happened to be with someone who had to stop there and i didnt want to disarm and leave my firearm int heir car without a safe. smash and grab was more of a concern that targets wishes at the time
But they asked NOT to bring guns into their store. And you did so anyways. If you can't be trusted to honor a simple request like that because you fear no reprisal, what else can you not be trusted to do?

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #59 on: July 14, 2014, 01:29:10 PM »
Principals is what determines character.
Compromise principles and you compromise your character.