Open Carry Specific > OC Questions

OC without a CPL in Walmart

<< < (3/4) > >>

jgillmanjr:
Actually, I'm going to reopen this thread until Phil or someone else relocks it, as there is further information.

birddseedd pointed out that MCL 436.2301, and it indeed is the case, that 436.1 to 436.58 have been repealed.

However, examining 436.2303 Subsection 6...

--- Quote ---(6) A reference to a provision in former 1933 (Ex Sess) PA 8 is considered to be a reference to the successor provision in this act. A reference in any application, document, authorization, order, license, or other document issued or provided by the commission or its authorized agent to former 1933 (Ex Sess) PA 8 is considered to be a reference to this act.
--- End quote ---

As such, I'm still inclined to believe the restriction to be in place, as the successor is PA 58 of 1998, MCL 436.1101 et seq.

Divegeek:

--- Quote from: G36shooter on July 07, 2014, 07:37:51 PM ---That is how I interpret the statute. The OC'er I spoke with claimed that because Walmart only sold beer and wine he was able to OC. Was not going to argue his interpretation of the law, he can do that before a Judge if he gets dinged. He stated that he does not have a CPL, I offered him a tri-fold and wished him well.

--- End quote ---

I don't know about your local Wal-mart, but the one here in Adrian sells liquor. The selection is poor, but they sell liquor.

SD40VE:
if i recall even beer and wine sellers are licensed under LARA
http://www.dleg.state.mi.us/mlcc/liclists/liclis4.htm

im thinking if they are on this list, you cant oc without a cpl

Glock9mmOldStyle:

--- Quote from: SD40VE on July 15, 2014, 12:36:29 PM ---if i recall even beer and wine sellers are licensed under LARA
http://www.dleg.state.mi.us/mlcc/liclists/liclis4.htm

im thinking if they are on this list, you cant oc without a cpl

--- End quote ---

Just to be clear for folks reading this on the web - without a CPL or equivalent permit from another state(s) recognized by MI, you cannot OC or CC in those places. This means that most party stores, 7-11, Circle K, grocery stores and even some gas stations are no carry zones in MI for non permit holders. :(

birddseedd:
forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?74449-OC-Liquor-License-CPL-Repealed

I dunno the answer, I suspect you could get into trouble.

Anyone know a gun lawyer?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version