Author Topic: no cops this time  (Read 6863 times)

Offline birddseedd

no cops this time
« on: July 07, 2014, 08:09:58 PM »

Couple hundred people, lots of kids.

One server seemed annoyed, maybe more so concerned you do not have to have a license.

Other than that, uneventful. My little girl was so patient

Offline part deux

• MOC Member
Re: no cops this time
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2014, 08:28:37 PM »
But in MI, you do have to have a license.

License to purchase!

Offline birddseedd

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2014, 08:36:25 PM »
I was asking about that in another thread. its not the type of license that they were asking about tho. she was asking if there is a license similar to a driving license.

Offline Jeff

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2014, 08:39:21 PM »
Isn't that your license to purchase, own, carry and transport.

Offline linux203

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Daniel
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2014, 08:41:08 PM »
But in MI, you do have to have a license.

License to purchase!

Unless you are exempt from licensure under 28.422a.  Then you have a Pistol Sales Record, not a license.

I see shoes in that picture...
When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own palace, his goods are in peace. Luke 11:21

Then He said to them, “But now, he who has a money bag, let him take it, and likewise a knapsack; and he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one."  Luke 22:36

Offline birddseedd

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2014, 08:47:55 PM »
Isn't that your license to purchase, own, carry and transport.

Yes, but not in the form they are asking. I guess the difference is they (people uninformed about their rights) are expecting something similar to a drivers license where you have to have training, and pass tests and not everybody gets approved. vs our purchasing proccess in which everyone gets aproval, short of felons and young people getting pistols.

and to be honest, i am contemplating challenging that law in the courts. the us supreme court as stated multiple times that you can not license a right. the question is would they concider this just a wording issue and its nature not hte same as a license such as a cpl. but i worry that this wording could have dangerous effects in the future. if you have to get a license, all they have to do is stop giving licenses.

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2014, 09:48:00 AM »
Yes, but not in the form they are asking. I guess the difference is they (people uninformed about their rights) are expecting something similar to a drivers license where you have to have training, and pass tests and not everybody gets approved. vs our purchasing proccess in which everyone gets aproval, short of felons and young people getting pistols.

and to be honest, i am contemplating challenging that law in the courts. the us supreme court as stated multiple times that you can not license a right. the question is would they concider this just a wording issue and its nature not hte same as a license such as a cpl. but i worry that this wording could have dangerous effects in the future. if you have to get a license, all they have to do is stop giving licenses.
What right is being licensed?
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline birddseedd

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2014, 09:50:16 AM »
According to that statue, our right to bear arms pistols.

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2014, 12:19:46 PM »
According to that statue, our right to bear arms pistols.
The SCOTUS has opined that the 2nd Amendment isn't absolute. And, that some reasonable restrictions are allowed. In the State of Michigan, one of those reasonable restrictions is the carrying of a concealed firearm. The legislature, determined that the concealed carrying of a firearm was not acceptable in our civilized society. That we should be aware of whom about us is armed. Therefore, the legislature enacted a statute that codified the concealed carrying of a firearm as a crime. This in no way infringes upon your right to bear arms as provided for in the Michigan Constitution (Article 1 Section 6) in that anyone lawfully capable of owning firearm can carry it openly. The license to purchase, has been determined to be another reasonable restriction.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline birddseedd

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2014, 12:22:16 PM »
Thats not the part that i'm refering to, just buying one requires a license. apparently

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2014, 12:34:56 PM »
Thats not the part that i'm refering to, just buying one requires a license. apparently
Evidently you didn't read my ENTIRE comment. Start at the beginning and continue reading until you reach the very last period. That where the comment concludes. At this >>.<< thing.

Offline birddseedd

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2014, 12:40:40 PM »
what did you accomplish with the sarcasm there?

Offline SD40VE

• SE Region Posse
  • New Haven, Macomb County
  • First Name (Displayed): Bradley
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2014, 01:00:53 PM »
bird, out of curiosity. is that a S&W sigma?

Offline birddseedd

« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2014, 01:08:51 PM »
Fnh fns

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2014, 01:21:24 PM »
what did you accomplish with the sarcasm there?
Evidently absolutely nothing, if I have to explain it to you.

Offline SD40VE

• SE Region Posse
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2014, 02:04:00 PM »
an a good ol FN striker two tone. looks alot like a sigma

Offline birddseedd

« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2014, 02:15:53 PM »
Evidently absolutely nothing, if I have to explain it to you.

Have fun with that

Offline SD40VE

• SE Region Posse
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2014, 02:24:22 PM »

it used to be, you had to go to a PD to get the license to purchase. now the FFL can do all that onsite. we dont see this liscense but its there and a step in the new buying process.