Author Topic: Mt. Pleasant  (Read 4773 times)

Offline Tango125INF11b

• I looked Death in the face, so what have you done?
Mt. Pleasant
« on: July 19, 2010, 09:30:33 PM »
I had a police officer pull up next to me today while I was walking my German Shepherd and OCing. It was a local city cop and I guess he must have been bored and was just out "fishing". He pulls up to the side of the road and says "Hey what are you doing?". I replied "Walking my dog, officer. What can I do for you?". Of course he replied "I see you have a firearm on you, why is it out in the open and not covered up?" I told him it was because I was OCing. He then went on a rant about how I am the only one who does it in this city, and if I am the only one I should question why I am doing it because according to him I shouldn't have to.

I then pointed out the two homicides that happened in the last 10 days here in Mount Pleasant. I then informed him that I may be the only one OCing here in the city of Mount Pleasant, but that is simply because no one else probably knows about it. I then told him I wouldn't be surprised to see more of us walking about town with holstered firearms int he months to come. I think he kind of got the hint that I wasn't going to surrender to his will. I told him I will continue to OC according to my rights as a resident of the State of Michigan.

His face started to turn kind of red and instead of prolonging the conversation I asked him if I was being detained or if I was free to go. He then only stated that I was not being detained but nothing of whether I was free to go. I stated something along the lines of, if I am not being detained, I am going to continue to give my dog his walk. The officer then followed me slowly down the road about 4 blocks in a creepishly weird manner and then sped off after stopping by me one more time and he said "have a good day sir, sorry for your trouble... I asked for his name but he was already accelerating past me so I don't think he heard.

He was on his radio the whole time, and I was scared sh*tless. Next time I'm going to carry a recorder. I know the ICSD (I am friends with most of the deputies) know about OC laws, and I was under the understanding that the local PD was also. I guess not. I will have to ask the Staties here in town to send them a memo.
Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Offline Yosemite Sam

Re: Mt. Pleasant
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2010, 10:31:39 PM »
I've OCed In Mt. Pleasant a couple of times. In McDonalds, Menards, Meijers, And was never hassled by anyone. But keep up the good work!!

Offline Tango125INF11b

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2010, 09:44:31 PM »
Yea I OC'ed like the last month and some change now if I counted my days right. I never got any flak from anyone until then.

Offline spikedawg

• weidman michigan
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2010, 09:47:00 PM »
i too oc in mt. pleasant all the time. never had anyone say anything about it only a few looks now and again.

Offline spikedawg

• weidman michigan
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2010, 10:09:19 PM »
hey tango125inf11b, i was in the 1st of the125th A company from 1980 to 1993. by chance were you there durring that time ? if i read your name correct

Offline Tango125INF11b

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2010, 11:03:26 PM »
Yea, I never had a problem before either until then. Like I said he never asked for my ID or anything, I think he was just "fishing".

I was in B Co for a bit, but not that early on.

Offline Tango125INF11b

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2010, 11:06:07 PM »
I did some of my combat with the 125th and the 110th, I was army for 6 years.