Author Topic: Walking stop...  (Read 16854 times)

Offline wardog6t

• Go Army, Beat Navy!
    • http://michiganopencarry.org
  • First Name (Displayed): john
Re: Walking stop...
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2010, 12:24:36 PM »
Advanced secuirty; I am currently deployed in Afghanistan. My first R&R is in Nov. I live in Clio so if you would like to stroll through Flint OC I am game. I have video sunglasses and a belt clip video camera. I can send you some links if you want on where to get them. I figure if I get arrested they will find one camera and erase it but maybe not 2.

Just wondering where in Afghan? I have a freind thats an operator for one of the contractors over there. Ya'll might be able to hook up. He is on the poppy seed eridication dealio.
"Any day you don't hear a "POP" and "WHIZ" is a Wonderful day....."

Offline wardog6t

• Go Army, Beat Navy!
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2010, 12:29:07 PM »
It's easy to armchair quarterback in these situations.  When you have 6(?)cop cars rolling up on you it can get intimidating real quick, specially when/if you're with family and/or friends.  They were obviously in the wrong here as you did not have to provide ID, I think you knew this instinctively, but of course there's always pause for concern when the adrenaline is pumping and guns are involved.  Chalk this up as a learning experience and prepare better for the next one, as there probably will be one. 

Yes I agree especially when your dealing with color of law leo's that feel the world is there's. That being said the bottom line is not to deviate from what you know is the law.

Offline army74

« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2010, 02:26:53 PM »
where did you get video camera sunglasses cause i need a pair here in pontiac

Offline wardog6t

• Go Army, Beat Navy!

Offline Tango125INF11b

• I looked Death in the face, so what have you done?
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2010, 04:44:41 PM »
I speak/read arabic and his shirt says Kafir. Pronounced Ka-feer. It means non-believer.  ;) Hope that doesn't offend anyone having a Muslim here.
Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Offline Advanced Security

« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2010, 05:03:19 PM »
Advanced secuirty; I am currently deployed in Afghanistan. My first R&R is in Nov. I live in Clio so if you would like to stroll through Flint OC I am game. I have video sunglasses and a belt clip video camera. I can send you some links if you want on where to get them. I figure if I get arrested they will find one camera and erase it but maybe not 2.

I'd love to hook up when you get back regardless. I'd like to buy you a meal, and say thanks for your service. OC is a given. ;)

God Bless

Jeff

Offline FatboyCykes

« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2010, 05:16:18 PM »
I speak/read arabic and his shirt says Kafir. Pronounced Ka-feer. It means non-believer.  ;) Hope that doesn't offend anyone having a Muslim here.

Muslim!?  GTFO of here!!!!!

Seriously though, welcome, here we're all the same religion...2A!

Offline Advanced Security

« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2010, 06:16:38 PM »

Seriously though, welcome, here we're all the same religion...2A!

Classic!  Best statement I've heard in a long time. ;) good job!

Offline Tango125INF11b

« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2010, 09:05:23 PM »
I agree FBC. I still go to Mass on Saturday afternoons also. So I guess you could say I am more of an Abrahamic Pluralist than a Muslim. I did two tours to Iraq, so to the guy in Trashcanistan, if its anything like it was when I was in, stay frosty. You need anything to make your life easier let me know. I did 6 years in the service and spent almost 3 years in combat action, so like I said I know what its like having to take "baby wipe showers". If you need ANYTHING. ANYTHING. LMK. Then again I was on a very small combat outpost, for all I know you are on a big ole' FOB.  ;)

Offline wardog6t

• Go Army, Beat Navy!
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2010, 09:20:26 PM »
I agree FBC. I still go to Mass on Saturday afternoons also. So I guess you could say I am more of an Abrahamic Pluralist than a Muslim. I did two tours to Iraq, so to the guy in Trashcanistan, if its anything like it was when I was in, stay frosty. You need anything to make your life easier let me know. I did 6 years in the service and spent almost 3 years in combat action, so like I said I know what its like having to take "baby wipe showers". If you need ANYTHING. ANYTHING. LMK. Then again I was on a very small combat outpost, for all I know you are on a big ole' FOB.  ;)

LOL OP-9T lots of baby wipe bath's and sand spiced ramon noodles with Jalapeno cheese =mmmm. Got to love it.

Offline ken243

• MOC Member
  • Paramedic
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2010, 02:12:33 PM »
Wardog; I am currently at Camp Leatherneck. I will be running through Kandahar for R&R other than that no other FOB's for me.

Advanced; Thanks for the offer but to clarify I am a DOD contractor, a Paramedic. Not in the armed forces. The guys in uniform deserve the credit. They are paying me very well for the job I do.

As far as the sunglasses here is the link.
http://www.brickhousesecurity.com/spy-camera-sunglasses.html?googlebase&zmam=85491576&zmas=1&zmac=2&zmap=007-DVR260

They look a lot like oakley's so that may provide some "camo"
Common sense, isn't.
I can't fix stupid.

Offline wardog6t

• Go Army, Beat Navy!
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2010, 07:48:24 PM »
Wardog; I am currently at Camp Leatherneck. I will be running through Kandahar for R&R other than that no other FOB's for me.

Advanced; Thanks for the offer but to clarify I am a DOD contractor, a Paramedic. Not in the armed forces. The guys in uniform deserve the credit. They are paying me very well for the job I do.

My freind is also a medic for a DOD contractor. He's in Kabul. Ya'll probably work for the same company maybe even with each other. His first name is Josh.

Offline Tango125INF11b

« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2010, 09:55:23 PM »
I worked with A LOT of contractors in Al Habbaniya, Iraq. Mostly American (BWinc) and South African contractors but also some British.  Contracting is the way to go. Did the same job I did for 8 times the pay. Some of the NSW guys that we worked with were adamant on getting a bunch of us to contract out for the money with themso they had people they knew.

Offline Bronson

« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2010, 10:21:25 PM »
Our company just lost several good aircraft mechanics, avionics techs, and airframe structures guys to the overseas contract gig.  I'm kinda wishing I had some skills they needed but, alas, I doubt they need people to refurbish the jet interiors and make 'em all fancy.

Bronson
Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. – Thomas Paine

Offline lil_freak_66

• Militia Marauder
  • NMVM
  • First Name (Displayed): Tyler
« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2010, 12:54:38 PM »
i know a former military aircraft mechanic who's looking for work,that company still looking for people?
My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of  Michigan Open Carry Inc, any other organization, group, person or the law of this or any other municipality,state or country unless otherwise stated.

Offline ken243

• MOC Member
  • Paramedic
« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2010, 11:39:53 PM »
lil_freak- Yes I think they are looking for people. The company is Dyncorp. If he goes to their website he can search for jobs there. Pay on average for each job is approx. 2.5 to 4 years of pay you would make in the US for a year here, tax free.
Common sense, isn't.
I can't fix stupid.