General Category > MOC IT Dept.

Forum Hosting Transition / Upgrade

(1/8) > >>

jgillmanjr:
Folks,

I anticipate transitioning where the forums are hosted late this evening or early tomorrow morning (call it a maintenance window of 2200-0600), as well as upgrading the software while I'm at it. Bas

If all goes according to plan, downtime should be around an hour tops.

During the process, the forum will be in "Maintenance Mode" and you won't be able to post or really do much of anything else.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

-Jason

gryphon:

--- Quote from: jgillmanjr on July 15, 2014, 05:40:18 PM --- I anticipate transitioning where the forums are hosted
--- End quote ---

:yikes:

jgillmanjr:
Alright kids, I'm thinking sooner rather than later..

linux203:

--- Quote from: jgillmanjr on July 15, 2014, 05:40:18 PM ---Folks,

I anticipate transitioning where the forums are hosted late this evening or early tomorrow morning (call it a maintenance window of 2200-0600), as well as upgrading the software while I'm at it. Bas

If all goes according to plan, downtime should be around an hour tops.

During the process, the forum will be in "Maintenance Mode" and you won't be able to post or really do much of anything else.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

-Jason

--- End quote ---

What's your backout plan?  Murphy's law.  If you have one, you never need it.

jgillmanjr:

--- Quote from: linux203 on July 15, 2014, 10:20:49 PM ---What's your backout plan?  Murphy's law.  If you have one, you never need it.

--- End quote ---

My backout plan is that if things are looking to go sideways, DNS doesn't get changed and I disable Mx mode.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version