Author Topic: WI Man Unlawfully Fired For Having Gun In His Car, Wisconsin Carry Funds Lawsuit  (Read 2526 times)

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
Wisconsin Carry has funded a lawsuit on behalf of a Wausau man who was unlawfully terminated after verifying to a Human Resources Manager that he had a lawfully carried gun in his personal vehicle.

Wisconsin law does not allow employers to prohibit employees with valid concealed carry licenses from keeping a gun in their personal vehicles even when parked on company property.

http://www.ammoland.com/2014/07/wi-man-unlawfully-fired-for-having-gun-in-his-car/

Offline Glock9mmOldStyle

• MOC Member
Wisconsin Carry has funded a lawsuit on behalf of a Wausau man who was unlawfully terminated after verifying to a Human Resources Manager that he had a lawfully carried gun in his personal vehicle.

Wisconsin law does not allow employers to prohibit employees with valid concealed carry licenses from keeping a gun in their personal vehicles even when parked on company property.

http://www.ammoland.com/2014/07/wi-man-unlawfully-fired-for-having-gun-in-his-car/

This just goes to reinforce that your business is your business and no one else's. Had he simply stated that "I am not required by law to answer your question Mr. H.R. person", the complainant may have never been fired. ???

It also illustrated that one should never share info about any firearm they in their vehicle to anyone but their closest household members. Someone who wants your job, can't just go to HR with a gripe that you have s gun in your car, unless you give them some reason to think so, can they?

Hope this guy gets his job back.
"It is now more likely that a person will be the victim of a violent crime than that he will be in an auto accident. Despite this, most people readily believe that the existence of the police relieves them of the responsibility to take full measures to protect themselves."
 -Jeffrey Snyder 1993

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
A friend of mine had someone "turn him in" to HR or plant security for supposedly having a gun in his car on company property.  He didn't, but the complainant knew he was a big pro-2A guy and NRA instructor, so tried to get him fired, assuming he did have one.  They investigated and nothing was found.

I asked him, "So you mean you didn't have your gun with you?!"  I was surprised.   ;D