Author Topic: Tool time discussion  (Read 11807 times)

Offline Jeff

Re: Tool time discussion
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2014, 04:54:54 PM »
drill has to be dewalt. by far best drill on market.

My Milwaukee drill will eat your Dewalt drill and still have enough juice left over to build a deck.

Offline tedalton

• MOC Member
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2014, 05:14:57 PM »
My Milwaukee drill will eat your Dewalt drill and still have enough juice left over to build a deck.
^This.  The new (last couple of years) Milwaukee drills with the brushless motors and lithium batteries are the best cordless tools you can buy right now.  That's all we have on our vans now, and we have yet to kill one of them - not for lack of trying.  I don't even bother getting  my Hole-Hawg out of the van anymore.

Offline part deux

• MOC Member
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2014, 05:28:08 PM »
I like my Rigid drill kit, but it gets light duty use.

Walk into Kmart and/or Sears and look around at the empty store.  Real question, will JCP or Kmart go out first?

Offline birddseedd

« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2014, 05:28:58 PM »
http://www.sears.com/craftsman-250-pc-mechanics-tools-set-with-3/p-00938250000P

That is what i ended up with. I didnt want to support craftsman. but the service of menards is horrible. they don't really honor the warranty. so if it breaks. tough luck. I looked at a set of kobalt. but for the same price as the kobalt (well, 5 bucks more) you get so incredibly much more in the craftsman set.

8 pieces to take back. some just weren't sized right. others not labeled right, and one duplicate / missing socket.

Offline birddseedd

« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2014, 05:30:22 PM »
I like my Rigid drill kit, but it gets light duty use.

Walk into Kmart and/or Sears and look around at the empty store.  Real question, will JCP or Kmart go out first?

my sears is packed. kmart failed a long time ago

Offline Jeff

« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2014, 05:43:52 PM »
Seems like a good set, I would add in another ratchet with a rotating head though for those areas that a straight ratchet cant get into.  Id also add a long breaker bar.

And don't forget some break away oil spray to help getting off those annoying rusty bolts.  It helps a lot.

Offline birddseedd

« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2014, 05:52:09 PM »
spliting topics.

never seen that feature in another forum, neat. it should auto notify you to replies in the new thread tho.

i do plan on getting another ratchet. i like the swivel head with big plastic grip. made in tiwan. i think the one stolen from me was a usa one. so ill probably be suisidially depressed over that ratchet for the rest of my life.

i'm not sure my breaker bar will fit in this box.

then again. i have much stuff that won't fit in this box. this is nice as it organizes your sockets, and thats a problem i always have. but i don't want two boxes.

Offline Jeff

« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2014, 08:05:39 PM »
I have trouble with my breaker bar fitting in boxes sometimes.....

Offline birddseedd

« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2014, 08:07:33 PM »
ill probably get a bigger box at some point, but will need carriers for the sockets.

Offline m.marino

• First Name (Displayed): Michael
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2014, 11:45:23 AM »
Here in the UK Snap-On is hard to get. Mac tools you can get and Wera as well. Most my tools I get piecemeal from a couple of engineering tool shops here in town. Power tools are Sheppach, Milwaukee as they last. Also Rigid for any pipe-fitting tools. Looking forward to getting back to the states as good tools are much more expensive over here. Still thinking of whether I will be selling my CNC router or shipping it (not a big one, cutting area of 350mm x 850mm x 165mm [x,y,z]). It just the headache of making it safe to ship with the electronics (has a transformer with it).

No good tools are always worth their money and you get the better quality craftsmen tools and they can take serious punishment. If you have to move your tools a lot I can see not wanting a lot of boxes to move. Myself, I prefer to have a spot for every tool so that when done with a project everything can go in it's place. -Michael
Tuebor Libertatus

Offline birddseedd

« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2014, 11:49:15 AM »
craftsman quality seems to have gone done. even the ratchet seems "loose", oil leaking out. looks like debris can get in.

Offline SD40VE

• SE Region Posse
  • New Haven, Macomb County
  • First Name (Displayed): Bradley
« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2014, 11:54:25 AM »
who you calling a ratchet hahahaha. i swear the lingo now a days of kids is absurd

overall my dewalt has done everything ive needed it to do. my buddy in the security field installing security cameras swears by his dewalt. i guess its personal preferance

Offline birddseedd

« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2014, 11:59:13 AM »
who you calling a ratchet hahahaha. i swear the lingo now a days of kids is absurd

huh?

Offline SD40VE

• SE Region Posse
  • New Haven, Macomb County
  • First Name (Displayed): Bradley
« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2014, 12:59:59 PM »
huh?
according to urban dictionary this is the definition of a ratchet:

Ratchet
A diva, mostly from urban cities and ghettos, that has reason to believe she is every mans eye candy. Unfortunately, she's wrong.

Typical signs to beware of include, but are not limited to:
-owning a Blackberry
-BLARES anything by Drake, 2Chainz, Nicki Minaj, Gucci Mane, Waka Flocka, Lil Wayne, T-Pain, Cali Swag District, or any other garbage entertainment rapper
-rowdily quotes "lyrics" from aforementioned artists
-has a weave reminiscent of a bird's nest after a tempest hit the tree it was in, and is dyed at least thrice
-wears torn leggings/stalkings (mostly of the fishnet variety), unpolished 8" heels (or higher, depending on how God-awful they look), fitted jean jackets (to accent the blubber 'round their arms and stomach), and 4 layers of caked on make-up to go clubbing
-repeatedly use ludicrous terms such as "YOLO", "swag", "boost", "beaking", "doe", "really", "naw", "actually", "twerk", "coaster", "dagga", etc., to make a valid statement when they speak
-have side bangs, despite having incredibly small-ass foreheads to support them
-are commonly overweight
and are mind-numbingly stupid; a safe assumption to make would be saying they're uneducated (as if they could pass the 4th grade)

If spotted, please report to the authorities, notifying them that they are possible smack addicts, or potential, degenerate Chaka Khan look-alikes.
Imagine a woman that wears skinny clothes, bad looking heels & fishnet stalkings, blasts Drake or Waka off her phone, would go out of her way as to cop CD's from these artists, has a bad hairdo, looks immensely disgusting as a human being, and would rather spend her time maintaining her looks, communicating among her folk, and being a jobless, gold-digging bum for the rest of her days, not even bothering to get herself a good shower, a paying career, and a damned effort to earn a diploma.

That, my comrades, is a prime notoriety of a ratchet.

God help us all.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Ratchet

Offline birddseedd

« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2014, 01:07:52 PM »
thats an odd word to use to describe that kinda person.

Offline Jeff

« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2014, 01:33:43 PM »
Urbandictionary. MEH.

That place is just troll to try to spread new lingo that makes no sense at all.

Offline Shadow Bear

• Dark Lord of the Internet
  • MOC Member
  • Human Rights Activist
« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2014, 01:42:04 PM »
Urbandictionary. MEH.

That place is just troll to try to spread new lingo that makes no sense at all.

Cool, man- that's far out
Its not GUN rights, its HUMAN rights.