Open Carry Specific > OC Experiences

Stupid open carry - Ann Arbor Art Fair

(1/6) > >>

stiofan:
"Stupid" is actually too mild a word for what I observed at the Ann Arbor Art Fair yesterday. I was photographing a student protest involving people upset by the latest war between Israel and the Palestinians. The demonstrators were marching through the crowded streets adjacent to the UM campus where the tents of the artists and vendors were set up. I was up close to the head of the march and I see a tall young guy who was standing there having positioned himself to block the marchers and giving everybody the finger (both hands). Oh yeah, he was carrying his automatic in a drop holster.

WTF? You can imagine the scene of all these college kids yelling and chanting about the  the latest Middle East conflict. I am not sure what this idiot was trying to accomplish but the potential for provoking a screaming, in your face confrontation was certainly there and then what? As it was the march organizers keep their people disciplined and the march continued. I was the one yelling at this guy and what I said, repeatedly, was that he was a disgrace to the open carry movement.

I have never seen such reckless behavior at a demonstration. If you were that young man trying to start a fight with a crowd of angry Arab protestors, while carrying, I strongly encourage to reflect on your reckless behavior and your poor judgement.

autosurgeon:
Why is it my bs meter is on full power... Oh yeah because no pictures of this.

TucTom:
I really want to see a pic of the "automatic" in his drop holster.

Ryan, I would think you are more familiar than I am, which automatic transmission fits in a holster?

doesch:
I'm calling BS because I've gone to this event it's during the summer and there really are not many college kids around.

Ezerharden:
what "automatic" fits in a holster?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version