Author Topic: Be FREE!  (Read 6445 times)

Offline bigt8261

• MOC President
  • MOC Board Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc
  • First Name (Displayed): Tom
Be FREE!
« on: August 04, 2014, 10:40:27 AM »
Don't argue, just be FREE! If your goal is to exercise your Right and your freedom, then do it. Don't stand around and argue with the police.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2014/08/robert-farago/open-carry-advocate-arrested-aurora-co/#more-330563

This video should have been about 30 seconds long.

Officer: "What's goin' on?"
OCer: "Not much officer."
Officer: "Why do you have a gun?"
OCer: "For protection."
Officer: "Do you have ID?"
OCer: "Am I being detained?" (Could have put this sooner, but I pushed it this far out just to be nice and give the officer the benefit of the doubt)

Unless the officer answers clearly in the affirmative, START WALKING and BE FREE. If the officer does detain you, then SHUT UP!

Done. This is not hard to follow.

Offline Xpiatio

• First Name (Displayed): Benjamin
Re: Be FREE!
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2014, 09:16:53 PM »
was talking with my boss and a co worker.  The topic of shutting up when "talking with police".  Definitely good advice here.  BE FREE

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
Be FREE!
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2014, 10:36:51 AM »
"Shotgun" cop said. Sighs. Are we seeing a trend?
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline linux203

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Daniel
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2014, 08:49:03 PM »
For once in my life, I would like to see an open carry encounter video taped where the person asks "Am I being detained?" then exercises their right to STFU and walk away.
When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own palace, his goods are in peace. Luke 11:21

Then He said to them, “But now, he who has a money bag, let him take it, and likewise a knapsack; and he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one."  Luke 22:36

Offline Xpiatio

• First Name (Displayed): Benjamin
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2014, 09:33:14 PM »
For once in my life, I would like to see an open carry encounter video taped where the person asks "Am I being detained?" then exercises their right to STFU and walk away.

so we should make a youtube video?  I actually saw one where a guy asked if he was being detained.  When the officer said "No" then he walked away.  .. only to have the officer quickly say "Hold on there."  That is when the OC'er didn't keep his mouth shut.

Offline Golden Eagle

• MOC Member
  • I VOTED
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2014, 07:36:06 PM »

Even better:

My all time favorite.  :score:
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good."

George Washington