Author Topic: What position do you carry?  (Read 5810 times)

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
What position do you carry?
« on: July 27, 2010, 05:57:07 PM »
I'm debating with myself (internally) the merits of carrying at 2 o'clock versus 3 o'clock.  So I ask you, what position do you carry? Why?
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline wardog6t

• Go Army, Beat Navy!
    • http://michiganopencarry.org
  • First Name (Displayed): john
Re: What position do you carry?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2010, 07:49:30 PM »
Depends on the day... What I am wearing. Which holster I put on in the morning.
"Any day you don't hear a "POP" and "WHIZ" is a Wonderful day....."

Offline Bronson

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2010, 09:23:56 PM »
I carry as close to the 3:00 position as I can (I'm right handed).  I find this position offers me the best balance of comfort, accessability, speed, safety, and security.

Bronson
Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. – Thomas Paine

Warchild

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2010, 06:24:07 AM »
Crossdraw... 11:00, works best for me.

Offline Tango125INF11b

• I looked Death in the face, so what have you done?
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2010, 10:54:30 AM »
At the 3 for open. at the 2 for concealed.
Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Offline Agent1

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2010, 02:48:35 PM »
I'm debating with myself (internally) the merits of carrying at 2 o'clock versus 3 o'clock.  So I ask you, what position do you carry? Why?

I carry standing up, laying down, while kneeling, and sometimes hanging upside down.....

Really though I find that 3 o'clock is to my liking most of the time but if I know I am going to be working outside much, I go with the 1911 on the 6 (SOB rig). comfy!
"It isn't always being fast or even accurate that counts. It's being willing. I found out early that most men, regardless of cause or need, arn't willing. They blink an eye or draw a breath before they pull the trigger. I won't."
 John Wayne (The Shootist.)

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2010, 04:52:58 PM »
Really though I find that 3 o'clock is to my liking most of the time but if I know I am going to be working outside much, I go with the 1911 on the 6 (SOB rig). comfy!

What back rig do you have?
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline Agent1

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2010, 09:33:20 PM »
It's a black DeSanti's SOB I think it is called a model #67. It rides nice in the SOB, but you wouldn't want to fall and land on it! When I am in the can the seats are slightly more reclined and I will sometimes take it out and put it in the seat next to me. In the Jeep the seats are more upright and I can leave the pistol in the holster all day no problem.

"It isn't always being fast or even accurate that counts. It's being willing. I found out early that most men, regardless of cause or need, arn't willing. They blink an eye or draw a breath before they pull the trigger. I won't."

Offline Agent1

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2010, 09:36:54 PM »
It's a black DeSanti's SOB I think it is called a model #67. It rides nice in the SOB, but you wouldn't want to fall and land on it! When I am in the can the seats are slightly more reclined and I will sometimes take it out and put it in the seat next to me. In the Jeep the seats are more upright and I can leave the pistol in the holster all day no problem.

When I'm in the CAR too! ::)

Offline Bronson

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2010, 03:33:48 AM »
It rides nice in the SOB, but you wouldn't want to fall and land on it!

I just can't bring myself to like SOB carry.  When I was in school for physical therapy I worked with too many patients with spinal injuries.  It is remarkably easy to injure your spine enough to severely impact your life by falling on something.

Bronson
Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. – Thomas Paine

Offline Tango125INF11b

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2010, 05:02:32 PM »
Wow. Your SOB from De Santis looks JUST like my De Santis Mini Slide for right hand carry. Think they may be the same?

Offline Agent1

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2010, 10:13:34 PM »
Looks like the cant is more severe on the SOB

Offline Tango125INF11b

« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2010, 12:05:06 AM »
Oh for sure, I can see it now. Looks similar, but very different. I like it.