Open Carry Specific > OC Questions

Test new OC locations with disposable gun?

(1/6) > >>

CitizensHaveRights:
Is it at all probable to be arrested/confiscated (by the Grand Rapids Gestapo, for example) for simply walking about town, visiting the library, etc?

Or has every cop in the state already been properly desensitized?

If you do lose your pistol to a cop, how many months does it take to get it back?

The reason why I ask is I'm wondering if it would be prudent to have a very cheap pistol, say a Hi-Point, in the holster in case I run into a truly badge heavy idiot. (or a lying librarian who tells the cops I brandished)

TucTom:
What the Flip kind of questions are those? Before you post your first post, read the forums you may see a lot of questions already answered. Why would you "carry" a "cheap pistol"? Are you already looking to get arrested?????????

TheQ:
Anything is possible and there is no shortage of cases where the local criminal gang ....errrr, police department (or Sheriff, or MSP) have hassled OCers, detained them, arrested them, or confiscated their property.

That being said, these are the vast minority of cases. I would guess 99% of OCers have no encounters of any significance in a given year.

We try to work closely with law enforcement to educate them. In fact, one of our BoD members is a LEO.

CitizensHaveRights:

--- Quote from: TucTom on August 06, 2014, 08:51:31 AM --- Why would you "carry" a "cheap pistol"?
--- End quote ---

To test the response of the indigenous LEO population.
If they fail the test, I don't want them walking away with my favorite 1911 in an evidence bag.
I'd like some idea of the odds. I suspect it's a long shot like 100:1 by now, but would like to know in advance if I'm overestimating LEO education.

The first thing I'd do is test to see if Charlotte librarians and police are compliant with the results of the CADL suit.

BTW, what's wrong with carrying a cheap pistol?
I'm talking about something totally functional, like a  Hi-Point .45ACP, not a mechanized joke like a Raven .25ACP.
The only thing I see functionally wrong with carrying a Hi-Point is the possible awkwardness of drawing a gun with a slide the size and shape of a brick.

--- Quote --- Are you already looking to get arrested?????????

--- End quote ---

Not looking forward to it, but I can't control the actions of others, especially those who believe their badge confers omnipotence.
I'd rather be arrested for OC than refuse to OC out of fear of possible unlawful arrest.

A right you're afraid to exercise is a right that you voluntarily relinquish.

Q posted while I was typing the above.
Sounds like his estimate of the odds is similar to mine.

TheQ:
Why carry a 1911? A true 1911 only has 7(?) rounds as it is single stack. Why limit yourself like that?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version