Open Carry Specific > OC Questions

Test new OC locations with disposable gun?

<< < (3/6) > >>

CitizensHaveRights:
Going to the library, reading a magazine, and borrowing a couple of books is one of the things I normally do.

It's just after the much publicized assault with a deadly and perjury in GR last year (still a year away from federal court trial for civil rights violations) and this year's conclusion of CADL v MOC, a little voice in the back of my head was whispering "do you want a throwaway gun for that?" (After the video from Calumet county posted here this afternoon, the little voice is starting to shout)

part deux:

--- Quote from: CitizensHaveRights on August 06, 2014, 09:19:44 PM ---Going to the library, reading a magazine, and borrowing a couple of books is one of the things I normally do.

It's just after the much publicized assault with a deadly and perjury in GR last year (still a year away from federal court trial for civil rights violations) and this year's conclusion of CADL v MOC, a little voice in the back of my head was whispering "do you want a throwaway gun for that?" (After the video from Calumet county posted here this afternoon, the little voice is starting to shout)

--- End quote ---
A really smart person has suggested that unless you have bail money and sufficient resources to hire an attorney, then maybe you shouldn't be open carrying.

CitizensHaveRights:

--- Quote from: part deux on August 06, 2014, 09:34:28 PM ---A really smart person has suggested that unless you have bail money and sufficient resources to hire an attorney, then maybe you shouldn't be open carrying.

--- End quote ---

Fortunately, that doesn't have anything to do with me.
My point in this discussion might be made with an analogy:
If you suspected the local LEOs were planning to arrest you on false charges of solicitation and seize your vehicle, would you keep driving the Corvette you intend to leave to your grandchildren some day, or would you park it and drive your "winter car" for a while?

Also I'm apparently trying to come up with an excuse to buy a Hi-Point to play with even though I'll probably give it away or sell it in a few months. I read some reports last weekend that they are surprisingly accurate and reliable, and suddenly I'm feeling guilty over looking down my nose at my young nephew's pride and joy (a Haskell .45) twenty years ago and feel like I need to make amends. (I did shoot it when offered, all i can remember is that I pulled the trigger twice and it went bang twice. I don't know if I was more surprised that it worked or that it had an acceptable trigger pull. Ugliest gun I ever held in my hand.) Besides, if I found out I could shoot a Hi-Point really well, it would be kind of funny to take it to a CPL class and see what reactions I got.

Super Trucker:
How old are you?

CitizensHaveRights:
50, balding, some gray hair, beard totally gray if I let it grow.
Not the sort that looks threatening at all.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version