Open Carry Specific > OC Questions

Test new OC locations with disposable gun?

<< < (4/6) > >>

TucTom:

--- Quote from: CitizensHaveRights on August 07, 2014, 05:45:39 AM ---50, balding, some gray hair, beard totally gray if I let it grow.
Not the sort that looks threatening at all.

--- End quote ---

But it sounds like you are going to put off a "I'm going to test you" vibe anyway. It doesn't matter if you "look threatening" or not. It is the body language that people will see.

SD40VE:

--- Quote from: CitizensHaveRights on August 06, 2014, 10:15:21 PM ---Fortunately, that doesn't have anything to do with me.
My point in this discussion might be made with an analogy:
If you suspected the local LEOs were planning to arrest you on false charges of solicitation and seize your vehicle, would you keep driving the Corvette you intend to leave to your grandchildren some day, or would you park it and drive your "winter car" for a while?

Also I'm apparently trying to come up with an excuse to buy a Hi-Point to play with even though I'll probably give it away or sell it in a few months. I read some reports last weekend that they are surprisingly accurate and reliable, and suddenly I'm feeling guilty over looking down my nose at my young nephew's pride and joy (a Haskell .45) twenty years ago and feel like I need to make amends. (I did shoot it when offered, all i can remember is that I pulled the trigger twice and it went bang twice. I don't know if I was more surprised that it worked or that it had an acceptable trigger pull. Ugliest gun I ever held in my hand.) Besides, if I found out I could shoot a Hi-Point really well, it would be kind of funny to take it to a CPL class and see what reactions I got.

--- End quote ---

MY woman took her cpl class with her hipoint c9 and shot just as well as me to be top of class in accuracy. nice tight groupings. they are good, ugly, reliable, accurate guns

i find recoild isnt bad at all probably due to the massive slide on it. its fairly top heavy

CitizensHaveRights:

--- Quote from: TucTom on August 07, 2014, 08:58:57 AM ---But it sounds like you are going to put off a "I'm going to test you" vibe anyway.

--- End quote ---

What the Flip kind of statement is that?

TucTom:
You forgot the rest of my statement. I quoted your statement about you not looking threatening.

But you also clearly have said you want to "test" Police and Librarians. So you seem to me to be a person who wants to put off that vibe.

gryphon:

--- Quote from: TucTom on August 07, 2014, 10:08:42 AM ---But you also clearly have said you want to "test" Police and Librarians. So you seem to me to be a person who wants to put off that vibe.

--- End quote ---

To be fair, MOC members individually and collectively do this exact thing on occasion.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version