Author Topic: Test new OC locations with disposable gun?  (Read 20954 times)

Offline TucTom

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Tom
Re: Test new OC locations with disposable gun?
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2014, 11:42:26 AM »
MOC members .

Thanks for pointing that out Dan. I see I never got a renewal this year and I will be renewing now. Oops looks like renewing tomorrow.

Offline CitizensHaveRights

• First Name (Displayed): Mitch
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2014, 01:46:04 PM »
But you also clearly have said you want to "test" Police and Librarians. So you seem to me to be a person who wants to put off that vibe.

You're reading way too much into this.
It appears you made some assumptions from my original post, and by now those assumptions are set in your mind like concrete. (standard human brain function, it takes much more data to override a belief than it did to form the belief in the first place)

I just want to know how library staff and CPD react, assuming they even notice. The easy chairs in the periodical area offer concealment to the side and rear, and the checkout counter is higher than my navel, so it's entirely possible staffers won't even know.

The current librarian has been around for about ten years but I've never met him, he seems to avoid patron contact. I think I know how his predecessor would have reacted, Luanne would have had kittens (imagine a straight laced old woman who's witnessed something utterly disgraceful) , but if she'd gotten the word about CADL v MOC through the library association the most she'd ever do is glare at me. 

Really I'm more interested in CPD's response, but it seems likely they'll never know unless a fellow patron decides to dial 9-1-1. I suspect if I go once a week for the rest of the month there's a 30-50% chance of that happening. Charlotte does seem to have its share of NIMBYs and mother hens.
"A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed "  - Who has a right to keep and eat food, The People or A Well Balanced Breakfast?

Offline TucTom

• MOC Member
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2014, 02:14:09 PM »
Yes based on what you wrote now I can clearly see that I indeed read your very 1st post here too deeply. I have no problem with a person who carries a Hi Point.

I hope you understand where I am coming from too. Being that I am not a fan of people who will go out of their way to attract attention. Do they have the right? Yes of course. Will I support someone who does nothing legally wrong? Yes I will. Do I like people who tend to do this (of which you don't see too often anymore) not really.

But you still seem to want to carry because "I just want to know how library staff and CPD react". Instead of I carry and I went to the library and nothing happened. Do you see my point? So, my assumptions are based on what you continue to write.

But good luck and I hope it all goes okay.

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2014, 05:46:32 PM »
I have no problem with a person who carries a Hi Point.

See, this is the problem we have in America.  People keep saying we need a discussion about mental illness in this country, yet nobody ever does anything.   :(

Offline TucTom

• MOC Member
« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2014, 05:57:47 PM »
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline SD40VE

• SE Region Posse
  • New Haven, Macomb County
  • First Name (Displayed): Bradley
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2014, 08:27:21 AM »
i was actually debating picking up a hi point .45 they have at my LGS. used for $110 lol

Offline Smashfacekrav

• First Name (Displayed): Smashfacekrav
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2014, 07:19:03 AM »

See, this is the problem we have in America.  People keep saying we need a discussion about mental illness in this country, yet nobody ever does anything.   :(
We can start with this thread. Now have a seat on my couch and tell me the names of your guns.

Open carry, Open minds