Author Topic: Music video about cops?  (Read 6439 times)

Offline 32_d3gr33s

• First Name (Displayed): Anthony
Music video about cops?
« on: August 09, 2014, 10:16:26 AM »

Stumbled across this today...
I could write something cliché and insightful, but that would be too cliché and insightful.

I shoot first... its better to give than to receive

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
Re: Music video about cops?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2014, 10:41:02 AM »
There's a lot going on in that video.  You have to pay attention, and I bet most aren't familiar with a lot of the scenes.  For example, at 1:53 there is a very short clip of drugs being planted in the store so the cops could arrest the owner.

Offline Glock9mmOldStyle

• MOC Member
Re: Re: Music video about cops?
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2014, 11:33:08 PM »
There's a lot going on in that video.  You have to pay attention, and I bet most aren't familiar with a lot of the scenes.  For example, at 1:53 there is a very short clip of drugs being planted in the store so the cops could arrest the owner.

Stumbled across this today...

Wow! Sadly there is much truth in that song.  The sad thing - cops know there is video being taken everywhere, yet they still do this stuff? Must not be afraid of the "law".  ???
"It is now more likely that a person will be the victim of a violent crime than that he will be in an auto accident. Despite this, most people readily believe that the existence of the police relieves them of the responsibility to take full measures to protect themselves."
 -Jeffrey Snyder 1993

Offline CitizensHaveRights

• First Name (Displayed): Mitch
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2014, 11:57:44 PM »
I noticed that about 20 years ago, when I watched 2 or 3 episodes of COPS.
I thought that if they acted like that when they knew they were on camera, we wouldn't like seeing what they did off camera.

The only incident I remember from back then was an arrest warrant service in what I assume was a Section 8 townhouse complex. The actual arrest was smooth, the subject was cooperative and the police were polite. But the arrest proved upsetting for the arrestee's son, who vented his displeasure by riding his bike past the scene on the sidewalk (at least 50 feet from the cops) chanting taunts. (I don't recall what he said, but it was a little kid, about 8 years, and it was about as mature as "neener, neener, neener, piggies bit my weiner") When the kid turned around and went by again, two cops tackled him, knocking him off his bike and slamming him to the concrete. While I'm sitting there thinking "I can't believe those F###ers did that", the narrator is chortling with glee, something like "that'll teach him to respect the law".
"A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed "  - Who has a right to keep and eat food, The People or A Well Balanced Breakfast?

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
Music video about cops?
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2014, 08:32:58 AM »
I have a question for the vast majority of police who are good cops: why don't you do something about the bad cops? If you see one of your colleagues misbehaving, doing something illegal, misconduct, etc., why don't you report that you internal affairs?

Because it's often a bad career move? Did you get into this job to "serve the public" or your career?
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2014, 09:13:53 AM »
The way a Livingston deputy put it to me in the 1980s, in reference to some 'bad apples' in Eaton County, where the deputy I was talking to used to work:
"Cops who rat on cops should be shot. In Eaton County, they will be."

At the time, Eaton and Clinton has somewhat of a thuggish reputation that Ingham had avoided.

Then there's the fact that the criminal violence is now being trained in as 'officer safety enhancement'.
Recently a Broward deputy who emptied his gun at a city detective, reloaded and kept shooting until his supervisor physically grabbed him, was found to be operating totally within Florida law and department policies. He was the only one present who thought punching a dozen holes in the detective would be a good idea, and the higher-ups are covering for him. Fortunately he can't hit the broad side of a barn, and the detective was unscathed by 19 bullets. But here we have a fellow officer, very carefully not threatening the deputies, loudly begging for his life, and getting shot at 19 times, and would have been shot at until Manekas ran out of ammo if his supervisor hadn't physically restrained him. If that's not a guy I'd refuse to work alongside with a gun, I don't know what is, but internal affairs has totally supported his actions.

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/2014-08-07/news/fl-sheriff-shooting-report-20140805_1_jayson-kalinowski-unmarked-police-car-tianga
http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/2013-10-30/news/fl-pembroke-park-chase-folo-20131029_1_scott-israel-deputies-hallandale-beach-police
"A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed "  - Who has a right to keep and eat food, The People or A Well Balanced Breakfast?

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
Music video about cops?
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2014, 10:07:56 AM »

The way a Livingston deputy put it to me in the 1980s, in reference to some 'bad apples' in Eaton County, where the deputy I was talking to used to work:
"Cops who rat on cops should be shot. In Eaton County, they will be."

Given that attitude, are the good staples truly good, if they unwilling to root out the bad?
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2014, 01:47:12 PM »
IMO, if there were any good cops, even 5% honest cops, the 'tiny minority of bad cops' would be in prison.

It's a criminal gang culture in many departments, and if you do things which are taboo in that culture, you won't last long.
It's a case of "us vs them" being more important than "right vs wrong".
There is a tendency in many (maybe all) professions to not air dirty laundry in front of the public, but the Blue Wall of Silence carries it to extremes.

Christopher Dorner was fired for making false accusations against LAPD officers.
Ever hear of LAPD firing somebody for making false accusations against serfs?
I'm also not convinced that there was any dishonesty to Dorner's claims.
Kind of ironic that when Dorner turned to violence, every cop in Los Angeles County seemed determined to prove themselves dangerous thugs. Witness the attempted murders of the hispanic newspaper ladies in the blue Tacoma and the white surfer in the black Ridgeline because they looked too much like black Dorner in a silver Frontier.

Offline linux203

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Daniel
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2014, 02:42:40 PM »
Fourteen years ago, I learned a lesson.  I was terminated for failure to report unethical/illegal activity of a co-worker.  It took me a few days, but I was more upset with myself than the former employer.

In 2007, the decision to report unethical activity was a no-brainer.  Spent five more years with the company with no repercussions.

Should officers who fail to report unethical/illegal actions be terminated? 
When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own palace, his goods are in peace. Luke 11:21

Then He said to them, “But now, he who has a money bag, let him take it, and likewise a knapsack; and he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one."  Luke 22:36