Author Topic: Omaha cop shoots, kills COPS crewmember  (Read 3185 times)

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
Omaha cop shoots, kills COPS crewmember
« on: August 27, 2014, 04:26:31 PM »
Omaha.com is reporting an Omaha cop killed a Cops soundman during a robbery shootout.  Robber had a BB gun. The cop (s) fired 30 rounds.

Offline CitizensHaveRights

• First Name (Displayed): Mitch
Re: Omaha cop shoots, kills COPS crewmember
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2014, 04:47:20 PM »
30 rounds, eh?
Once they start shooting, it's hard to get them to stop, and they'll swear on a stack of bibles that the 'bad guy' started shooting and they only returned fire. Then we find out the dead suspect has an empty BB gun, or a fully loaded gun with the safety still on, or a fully loaded gun and a detective's badge. (well, the clown in Florida missed the detective with a full magazine and then some, so no 'dead suspect' in that one)
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 05:11:53 PM by CitizensHaveRights »
"A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed "  - Who has a right to keep and eat food, The People or A Well Balanced Breakfast?

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2014, 05:35:54 PM »
I was typing on my cell phone earlier (with no Tapatalk). :(   From the news conference today:

http://www.omaha.com/news/crime/chief-id-s-wendy-s-robbery-suspect-says-he-fired/article_f64dc75c-2e06-11e4-9add-0017a43b2370.html

I guess we'll find out more later, but one comment suggests a scenario:

Look at the line of bullets in the three windows in the photo. This suggests that the robber tried to run, and shots were fired at him as he did so. This raises the possibility that although the crewman was not in the original line of fire, he became so.

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2014, 05:48:58 PM »