Open Carry Specific > OC Questions

CC in Meijer or similar stores

(1/4) > >>

chromecat:
Hi All,

I'm assuming you all can answer this for me since this seems to be the go to place or all things carry. Depending on whether or not I'm in my work gear has a lot to do with OC vs CC. Looking through the different forums, I notice comments regarding being careful about going into Meijer (or other stores that sell alcohol) without having and CPL and OC'ing. My question is this, it doesn't appear that these type of locations, even a QD, would qualify as a location that per MCL 28.425o "A tavern where the primary source of income is the sale of alcoholic liquor by the glass consumed on the premises". Even if you don't consider the rest of the statement, none of these places would consider alcohol as their primary income source. Am I or am I not allowed to CC there? Am I missing something? Thanks!

TeMpTiN:
***Liquor license, NO CPL - NO CARRY anywhere on property. *Except if you have permission from the owner/management, preferably in writing.

***Liquor license, CPL, not sold for consumption on premises - OC or CC.

***Liquor license, CPL, alcohol sold for consumption and primary source of income, OC only.

***Liquor license, CPL, alcohol sold for consumption and NOT primary source of income, CC or OC.

Ref: MCL 
750.234d
28.425o

Primary means largest single source.
There is no % in the MCL only primary source is written.

part deux:

--- Quote from: chromecat on August 27, 2014, 07:09:33 PM ---without having and CPL and OC'ing.

Am I or am I not allowed to CC there? Am I missing something? Thanks!

--- End quote ---
Do you or don't you have a CPL?

linux203:

--- Quote from: chromecat on August 27, 2014, 07:09:33 PM ---Hi All,

I'm assuming you all can answer this for me since this seems to be the go to place or all things carry. Depending on whether or not I'm in my work gear has a lot to do with OC vs CC. Looking through the different forums, I notice comments regarding being careful about going into Meijer (or other stores that sell alcohol) without having and CPL and OC'ing. My question is this, it doesn't appear that these type of locations, even a QD, would qualify as a location that per MCL 28.425o "A tavern where the primary source of income is the sale of alcoholic liquor by the glass consumed on the premises". Even if you don't consider the rest of the statement, none of these places would consider alcohol as their primary income source. Am I or am I not allowed to CC there? Am I missing something? Thanks!

--- End quote ---

I'm assuming, since you quoted the CPL statute and the later statement, you possess a valid CPL.

TeMpTiN is correct, but I'll elaborate based solely on the Meijer and QD in your question.

For concealed carry only, MCL 28.425o is applicable.  Meijer and QD do not sell alcohol by the glass for consumption on the premises.  You are within your legal rights to carry concealed.

For open carry only, MCL 750.234d is applicable.  However, MCL 750.234d(2)(c) makes MCL 750.234d(1)(h) not applicable to you.  You are within your legal rights to carry openly.

chromecat:
I do have my CPL. Thanks for the great responses!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version