Author Topic: 1 person killed in Genoa Township road rage incident  (Read 17988 times)

Offline CitizensHaveRights

• First Name (Displayed): Mitch
Re: 1 person killed in Genoa Township road rage incident
« Reply #41 on: May 07, 2015, 07:43:38 PM »
Self defense isn't normally available to an aggressor.

Could the prosecution be going at it from that angle, trying to show that Zale instigated the whole thing by committing assault with a deadly vehicle before Flemming chased him down for the final confrontation?

By the way, why is Livingston Daily even talking about Castle Doctrine when it seems that Flemming pursued Zale who was trying to break contact with him?
"A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed "  - Who has a right to keep and eat food, The People or A Well Balanced Breakfast?

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 11:17:23 PM by gryphon »

Offline CitizensHaveRights

• First Name (Displayed): Mitch
Re: 1 person killed in Genoa Township road rage incident
« Reply #43 on: May 08, 2015, 12:35:48 AM »
Bus driver seems to agree that Fleming looked violent:
"I didn't know why (Flemming) was out of the vehicle. ... I'm kind of confused at the time," King said.

"He looked like he was irate," she added, demonstrating that Flemming held his arms up and his hands clinched in fists as he approached the truck. "At the time I was thinking this is not going to be good."

Quotes from Fleming's wife strike me as a witness who's trying to color the picture to look like something other than what it was. Unlike the driver, she has a personal stake in the outcome of the trial and she sounds heavily biased. If I were a juror, I'd just regard her testimony as useless. (much of what I said goes for Zale too if he testifies)
"A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed "  - Who has a right to keep and eat food, The People or A Well Balanced Breakfast?