Author Topic: Grand Rapids Police Chief Interviewed by mLive  (Read 2178 times)

Offline Pond Scum

• MOC Lifetime Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Glenn
Grand Rapids Police Chief Interviewed by mLive
« on: September 08, 2014, 09:09:41 PM »
New Grand Rapids Police Chief on Open Carry

• On the state's 'open carry' law

"I'll be very blunt. I'm not a proponent of open carry. Just because something is legal doesn't mean it makes good sense," he said.

"I just think we need a common-sense approach. The fact that someone can carry openly and be legal, but if they put on a sports coat it's a crime, that raises questions," he said.

http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2014/09/new_grand_rapids_police_chief.html

Offline linux203

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Daniel
Re: Grand Rapids Police Chief Interviewed by mLive
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2014, 09:47:49 PM »
Simple solution, don't make it a crime to conceal.  O_o.

Considering who the Mayor of Grand Rapids is, I'm not surprised by his statement.  However, it can and will be used against him in a court of law.
When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own palace, his goods are in peace. Luke 11:21

Then He said to them, “But now, he who has a money bag, let him take it, and likewise a knapsack; and he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one."  Luke 22:36

Offline Xpiatio

• First Name (Displayed): Benjamin
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2014, 10:38:18 PM »
At least we know why he got hired

Offline CitizensHaveRights

• First Name (Displayed): Mitch
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2014, 06:56:44 AM »
Sheriff is a political job. His political views will reflect those of his voters, at least far enough to avoid angering a majority of them.

Police chief is a highly political job. His political opinions are issued to him along with his badge. He does exactly what the person/people who hired him want him to do. And we all know what the mayor of GR wants.
"A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed "  - Who has a right to keep and eat food, The People or A Well Balanced Breakfast?