Author Topic: Review on Holster - Blackhawk Serpa Level 2 Sportster  (Read 33459 times)

Offline Bronson

Re: Review on Holster - Blackhawk Serpa Level 2 Sportster
« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2010, 02:22:07 AM »
He's the one that works for MDOC right? Hes the one that said that about the MagPul guy. Unless he got his story mixed up, or maybe I possibly did? But I am pretty sure I heard him correctly, because he was heckling me about my SERPA. Hes the one who talked me into returning it. 

Who is the "he" to which you are referring?

Bronson
Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. – Thomas Paine

Offline Tango125INF11b

• I looked Death in the face, so what have you done?
« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2010, 08:46:52 PM »
Keith
Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Offline RSF

« Reply #42 on: August 16, 2010, 04:55:38 PM »
I say it about glocks mps xds and 1911s that I have seen idiots nd with issue is most never train to the speeds of which they need too or practice with the serpa

So you agree with me that it's a training issue and not an equipment issue.

Thanks,

Bronson

No its also a holster issue as well in the design  why are there more reported issues with serpas  than any other design?

why have a lot of specific training companies banned them?

so your saying that people should be forced into more training if they own a serpa?

no issues with the safari-land  6377 reported or bianchi acculok etc....or 6004 and thumb break holster?

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
« Reply #43 on: August 16, 2010, 05:05:29 PM »
No its also a holster issue as well in the design  why are there more reported issues with serpas  than any other design?

so your saying that people should be forced into more training if they own a serpa?

no issues with the safari-land  6377 reported or bianchi acculok etc....or 6004 and thumb break holster?

I would put forth it's each person's responsibility to be able to skillfully and without incident use any item they possess.  This includes (but not limited to): bullets, handguns, holsters, knives, rocks, pit bulls, and poodles.
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

anetsprungen

« Reply #44 on: August 29, 2010, 03:02:23 PM »

I would put forth it's each person's responsibility to be able to skillfully and without incident use any item they possess.  This includes (but not limited to): bullets, handguns, holsters, knives, rocks, pit bulls, and poodles.

I'll second TheQ's reply and add this.  Each individual has to determine how they will use a particular device.

Most of the postings were relevant to concealed carry.  A few addressed open carry.  Well, I don't have a CPL yet and I rarely open carry in public, but I have been carrying on my property most of the time for the last year.  My concerns are not related to urban concerns, e.g. other people.  My concerns revolve around wild animals while I am working outdoors.  I needed something with good retention and relatively smooth release, if I should need it.

The growing numbers of wild animal sightings of feral swine, bears, cougars, wolverines and coyote packs, all meat-eaters who are no longer afraid of man, just wary, make them a real threat.  When you are a half mile from the nearest house, being stuck in a tree by a pack or mauled by a bear can mean a life/death situation.  I liked the Serpa so much that I bought a second holster just to wear with my outdoor gear so I did not have to keep switching from one belt to another when I went back into the woods or far reaches of my pasture land.

It works for me.

Roy
 8)

Offline Master Control

• MOC Charter Member Augusta, MI.
« Reply #45 on: August 31, 2010, 07:02:41 PM »
It comes down to the fact that some people just do not practice enough.

I feel that before I will carry in a specific holster I must do 100+ draws.

I also will not carry in a holster that I have not rune at the range from several positions.

That said I have well over 1000 draws from my BH Serpa and have never even come close to an ND.

Being trained and proficient are two distinctly different things!

>>>>>This is for all the new members that have chosen this Holster<<<<

OK Folks, So you got your CPL! ,, Can you survive a attack?
Take this challenge & see if your prepared to protect yourself, you were instructed to practice, practice, practice, DID YOU???
I encourage you to take this challenge & BE HONEST WITH YOURSELF BEFORE YOU LEAVE THE HOUSE WITH A GUN IN THIS HOLSTER.

Encourage Responsibility & Carry ON
"Liberty's too precious a thing to be buried in books...Men should hold it up in front of them every single day of their lives and say: 'I'm free to think and to speak. My ancestors couldn't. I can. And my children will."
,,, So Mote Be