Author Topic: SB 1028 - Parking Lots  (Read 6760 times)

Offline CitizensHaveRights

• First Name (Displayed): Mitch
Re: SB 1028 - Parking Lots
« Reply #60 on: January 06, 2015, 12:28:30 PM »
[quote author=gryphon link=topic=4521.msg38476#msg38476 date=1420434186

As for employers, many employers probably have the same rules as mine: no weapons, period.  That doesn't mean just guns, that means bows in your trunk during hunting season, and things like tire irons, baseball bats, lead pipes, or anything in the cabin of your car that could be used as a weapon. Those are all offenses which could get you terminated.  I mention this now because just today I was reading a posted notice about  tire irons, baseball bats, lead pipes, or anything in the cabin of your car that could be used as a weapon.
[/quote]

Does that mean anything locked in the trunk is OK?

But where do you draw the line on cabin vs trunk?
My station wagon with a retractable vinyl cover over the area behind the 2nd row seats?
A Corvette with a mesh cargo partition under the hatch?
"A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed "  - Who has a right to keep and eat food, The People or A Well Balanced Breakfast?

Offline gryphon

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
« Reply #61 on: January 06, 2015, 09:05:52 PM »
Guns and hunting equipment (bows, etc.) not allowed anywhere in your car, period.  If you had softball equipment or some tools and a piece of pipe in your trunk, that wouldn't be construed as weapons.  If you had a baseball bat or pipe under your front seat, it would.

Offline CitizensHaveRights

• First Name (Displayed): Mitch
« Reply #62 on: January 08, 2015, 07:59:20 AM »
Is there a viable alternative to parking on employer property?
"A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed "  - Who has a right to keep and eat food, The People or A Well Balanced Breakfast?

Offline gryphon

• MOC Member
« Reply #63 on: January 08, 2015, 09:47:40 AM »
For my employer, typically "no."  There's only one plant I can think of where you could park offsite, but it certainly isn't the Detroit Hamtramck one!  I've sat outside the plant and heard gunshots.  The building is covered with bullet holes.

Offline gryphon

• MOC Member
« Reply #64 on: April 23, 2016, 05:27:20 PM »
This is a wonderful idea. Let's compile a list of companies that don't allow employees to keep their guns in their car and protest/boycott them -- one at a time!

You would have to give up your cars and motorcycles as no vehicle manufacturer allows weapons on their property.