Author Topic: Michigan Counties Report Varied Gun Permit Costs  (Read 2140 times)

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
Michigan Counties Report Varied Gun Permit Costs
« on: September 10, 2014, 09:58:17 PM »
LANSING, Mich. (AP) - The reported cost of concealed carry gun permits to Michigan taxpayers varies widely in each county, with a high of $214 and a low near $3.

http://www.wlns.com/story/26488672/michigan-counties-report-varied-gun-permit-costs

Offline linux203

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Daniel
Re: Michigan Counties Report Varied Gun Permit Costs
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2014, 11:48:17 PM »
Cost reporting is all about playing with numbers.  You can get creative.  From pro-rated costs of office space and equipment to long-term storage costs.
When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own palace, his goods are in peace. Luke 11:21

Then He said to them, “But now, he who has a money bag, let him take it, and likewise a knapsack; and he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one."  Luke 22:36

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
Re: Michigan Counties Report Varied Gun Permit Costs
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2014, 01:38:45 AM »
When I was a new engineer I wanted to do a project, but I had to justify the cost.  ROI had to be two years or less or I wouldn't get funding.  I was doing it as a cost avoidance initiative which is sometimes hard to prove, but when I found out all I had to do was present numbers on a spreadsheet, I said, "I can do that," and proved it within fifteen minutes.

Nobody's going to do the research to actually prove or debunk your numbers.