Author Topic: Drunk cop shoots 2 after struggle over gun  (Read 2446 times)

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
Drunk cop shoots 2 after struggle over gun
« on: September 13, 2014, 11:39:30 AM »
A drunk state narc turned the Upper West Side into a shooting gallery Friday night, blasting a woman and her boyfriend in a struggle over his gun after the three spent a boozy night together in a bar, police sources said.

Victor Zambrano Jr., 49, handed his firearm to the 31-year-old woman when she asked to hold it as they all stood on West 82nd Street and Amsterdam Avenue — then tried to grab it back at about 9 p.m.

The gun went off as the state Bureau of Narcotics Enforcement agent and the woman fought over it.  The bullet ricocheted off the street. First it struck her foot, then slammed into her 42-year-old boyfriend’s shin. The boyfriend limped after the fleeing cop up Amsterdam until the narc spun around at 83rd Street and tried to shoot him — but his gun misfired.

Zambrano — who lives near the incident — is being charged with assault, criminal possession of a weapon, resisting arrest and reckless endangerment.

http://nypost.com/2014/09/13/drunk-off-duty-state-cop-shoots-2-after-struggle-over-gun/

The gun “went off?” Then the drunk cop took off but couldn’t outrun a limping, unarmed boyfriend? So he “spins around” without falling and pulls the trigger on his wounded pursuer?

Wow.  Good thing New York thinks only cops should carry guns.

Offline Glock9mmOldStyle

• MOC Member
Re: Drunk cop shoots 2 after struggle over gun
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2014, 11:52:37 PM »
Just when you thought NY cops couldn't sink any lower? They are only charging him for the jackass factor involved here! Otherwise it would be the same old "officer feared for his life and was forced to shoot" routine.

:coocoo:
"It is now more likely that a person will be the victim of a violent crime than that he will be in an auto accident. Despite this, most people readily believe that the existence of the police relieves them of the responsibility to take full measures to protect themselves."
 -Jeffrey Snyder 1993

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2014, 01:18:42 PM »
When someone wants to "see" my gun, and I can discreetly do so to let them see it. I unload it first....!

SMH!

I've shown Jason Gillman Jr my Glock. What did I do before I handed it to you, Jason?
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2014, 02:20:30 PM »
Otherwise it would be the same old "officer feared for his life and was forced to shoot" routine.

Sounds like someone's hand was on the slide when the gun was fired, therefore it didn't rack in a new round.  That's why when the cop turned around and tried to shoot the guy he had already shot by accident, the gun didn't go off.  He had a spent round in the chamber.  If he hadn't been staggering drunk and had the presence of mind to clear the malfunction before he was stopped by the boyfriend and/or the other cops who came out, the boyfriend might have been shot dead.