Author Topic: Can the VA Revoke Your Second Amendment Rights?  (Read 3129 times)

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
Can the VA Revoke Your Second Amendment Rights?
« on: September 16, 2014, 06:05:36 PM »

Offline m.marino

• First Name (Displayed): Michael
Re: Can the VA Revoke Your Second Amendment Rights?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2014, 01:25:33 PM »
They are trying to. While going through their appeal process might be worth while it is more worth while to contact on of the groups helping Vet's fight this. There is a good number of them though I don't personally know any direct contact numbers. Also get a second opinion (some of the groups can help with that I have been told). Also there is a direct need for all 2A groups to support legal actions against this as it is the slow creep of using the mental illness card against gun owners (as was discussed in another thread here).

This game is continuing with a quiet shout down of those who disagree with the government and lefts view that the ownership of guns is a sign of mental illness. If anyone thinks this will stop with the VA I hate to tell you but there is already those who want to use the data from the ACA to invoke this clause. Nasty people. -Michael
Tuebor Libertatus

Offline Rustykeys

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2014, 08:14:19 PM »
Contact this foundation. http://www.purpleheart.org/ They help all military veterans not just purple hearts.
“We must hang together, gentlemen…else, we shall most assuredly hang separately.”

– Benjamin Franklin

A right not exercised is a right lost.

Offline Super Trucker

• MOC Member
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2014, 09:58:54 AM »

Offline SteveS

• AmmoDump
  • First Name (Displayed): Steve
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2014, 07:18:19 PM »
I would fight it through their appeals process. If that failed, I think a case can be made that their determination that you can't handle your own financial affairs is not the same thing as being "adjudicated mentally defective." Unfortunately, this definition has been broadened these past few years, but it was supposed to be people that were incapable of taking care of themselves, entering into contracts, and would typically need a guardian to be appointed to make decisions for them.

Offline CitizensHaveRights

• First Name (Displayed): Mitch
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2014, 07:59:04 AM »
I believe the statutory requirement for 'adjudicated' means that you have to be declared mentally incompetent in a court hearing, and I'd be willing to fight for that definition in court.

If fedgov deliberately tells a gun dealer you are disqualified to purchase when you are not disqualified under the law, then you've been willingly defamed and are entitled to damages.
"A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed "  - Who has a right to keep and eat food, The People or A Well Balanced Breakfast?

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2014, 07:54:19 PM »

I believe the statutory requirement for 'adjudicated' means that you have to be declared mentally incompetent in a court hearing, and I'd be willing to fight for that definition in court.

If fedgov deliberately tells a gun dealer you are disqualified to purchase when you are not disqualified under the law, then you've been willingly defamed and are entitled to damages.

sovereign immunity

You cannot sue the king or his men without permission.
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).