Author Topic: New from Macomb!  (Read 5845 times)

Offline Wardo

New from Macomb!
« on: July 15, 2010, 05:55:41 PM »
Hello everyone!   I have been lurking in the shadows on this site for a few days and finally decided to join up.   A bit about me...

I live in the Clinton Township/Macomb area.  Im still a youngin ( mid 20's ) and I purchased my first firearm about 2 months ago after finally building the courage to walk into a Police Department voluntarily.   ::)     I am very interested in this site and learning about the freedom/hassles of Open Carry.

I look forward to learning on this site as well as sharing some stories as soon as i get the balls to Open Carry. 
-----------------------------------------------
God made man, Sam Colt made him equal!

Offline Tango125INF11b

• I looked Death in the face, so what have you done?
Re: New from Macomb!
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2010, 06:17:36 PM »
Just make sure you check out the section with all the Reg's in it before you do. I used to be nervous to do it too, but now it comes naturally.
Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Offline autosurgeon

• MOC Treasurer
  • MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Ryan
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2010, 06:34:24 PM »
Welcome and be sure to check out the OC questions Sub Forum.

Lots of information there...
Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Offline Wardo

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2010, 07:06:37 PM »
Oh trust me, i see lots of reading in my future.    ;D

Thanks for the input guys

Offline lil_freak_66

• Militia Marauder
  • NMVM
  • First Name (Displayed): Tyler
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2010, 09:37:39 PM »
welcome to the MOC forums!
My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of  Michigan Open Carry Inc, any other organization, group, person or the law of this or any other municipality,state or country unless otherwise stated.

Offline NHCGRPR45

• Macomb Twp. MI
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2010, 11:07:56 PM »
if you want we could meet up at a McDonalds,,,,,, 8)sorry for the young joke,anyway its a great place to meet up ;D, or we could do coffee! ::) theres several places around here for java! let me know, shaun
But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such goverment, and to provide new gaurds for their future security. United States Constitution.

Offline Wardo

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2010, 11:16:08 PM »
Its all good   If you live where i think you live, then i used to live across the street from you.    I was in the sub behind the cemetery for a while.   Im a bit further up just south of 18 now, so still not far.  Soon as i get the balls for some OC, well have to go.

Offline lil_freak_66

• Militia Marauder
  • NMVM
  • First Name (Displayed): Tyler
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2010, 12:26:31 AM »
Its all good   If you live where i think you live, then i used to live across the street from you.    I was in the sub behind the cemetery for a while.   Im a bit further up just south of 18 now, so still not far.  Soon as i get the balls for some OC, well have to go.

best way imo to get used to OC is to do it with others!
My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of  Michigan Open Carry Inc, any other organization, group, person or the law of this or any other municipality,state or country unless otherwise stated.

Offline sprinklerguy28

• Webb Tactical
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2010, 05:03:35 PM »
Welcome, if you have any questions or want someone to go along with to get use to OCing let me know. Also you can also PM me with any questions. I use to live in Clinton Twp until a few weeks ago. The local PD is fully trained and you should have no issues.

Offline Wardo

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2010, 10:27:05 AM »
Thanks Sprinklerguy, I would love to get a couple people together for my first OC.  It will have to wait a couple weeks though due to my insane schedule at work.   

Offline NHCGRPR45

• Macomb Twp. MI
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2010, 03:58:21 PM »
hello wardo, i wouldn't mind at all to go along for your first OC, the first time is a really great feeling. and i think you would enjoy springklerguy, he's a hoot!
But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such goverment, and to provide new gaurds for their future security. United States Constitution.

Offline Wardo

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2010, 09:18:11 PM »
Sounds good!   Maybe on an upcoming weekend we can go get some breakfast/coffee whatever.    Let me know what you guys think.

Offline hamaneggs

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2010, 02:33:29 AM »
Welcome!Once you learn the OC info you'll have to start handing out OC pamphlets.You'll have plenty of people asking questions,which will make you feel good about informing them of the freedoms they've never known. "WOW I didn't know that" and "Cool" is what they usualy say! Thats what I get in the Warren area!
In GOD I TRUST! Luke 22:36 "and if You don't have a sword,sell Your cloak and buy one". Nehemiah 4:17 "Those who carried materials did their work with one hand and held a weapon in the other,and each of the builders wore his sword at His side as He worked."  I AGREE! AMEN!

Offline sprinklerguy28

• Webb Tactical
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2010, 01:01:43 PM »
Sounds good!   Maybe on an upcoming weekend we can go get some breakfast/coffee whatever.    Let me know what you guys think.

Post a date, time, and place. People will come. Also check out the events calendar www.michiganopencarry.org/events We have many events planned over the next few months.