Author Topic: Gun Range Owner Declares Her Business A 'Muslim Free Zone'  (Read 2746 times)

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
Gun Range Owner Declares Her Business A 'Muslim Free Zone'
« on: October 02, 2014, 10:21:11 AM »

Jan Morgan, owner of the Gun Cave Indoor Shooting Range in Hot Springs, Arkansas, published a note on her website Sunday declaring her intention to ban Muslims from her business.

"The Gun Cave Indoor Shooting Range is now a a MUSLIM FREE ZONE," Morgan wrote.

Morgan, who describes herself as a "nationally recognized 2nd Amendment advocate," attributed her decision to the dangerous nature of her business.

"This is a live fire indoor shooting range. People come here to buy, rent, and shoot lethal weapons," wrote Morgan. "In the range, people are shooting guns in close proximity to each other, so my patrons depend on me and my discretion regarding who I allow to shoot beside them. One mistake in judgement on my part could cost innocent people their lives."

Morgan, who did not respond to a request for comment from Business Insider, went on to list the reasons she believes it would be poor judgement to allow Muslims at her gun range. She cited past experiences she claimed to have had with Muslims, terrorist acts committed by jihadist groups, and verses in the Koran that she said advocate violence against non-Muslims.

"I understand that not all muslims [sic] are terrorists. I also believe there are as many Muslims who do not know what is in their Koran as there are Christians who do not know what is in their Bible," explained Morgan. "Since I have no way of discerning which muslims will or will not kill in the name of their religion and the commands in their koran…I choose to err on the side of caution for the safety of my patrons."

http://janmorganmedia.com/2014/09/business-muslim-free-zone/
http://janmorganmedia.com/2014/10/handing-loaded-gun-man-whose-religion-tells-kill/

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
Re: Gun Range Owner Declares Her Business A 'Muslim Free Zone'
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2014, 02:58:08 PM »
This is surely tongue in cheek to counter: "since I don't know which open carriers mean harm, I will ban them all."
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline MI_XD

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Bob
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2014, 03:58:26 PM »
"Since I have no way of discerning which muslimsgun owners will or will not kill in the name of their religion and the commands in their koran someoneI choose to err on the side of caution for the safety of my patrons."

Wow! Couldn't that fit right in to toss back at all the places that ban guns, "for the safety of my patrons"?!   :)
If THEY can ban gun owners, why can't she ban possible terrorists?

MI_XD
MI_XD
SW Michigan
I finally can be Proud of America, again!

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
The plot thickens...
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2014, 12:21:02 AM »

Jan Morgan (JanMorganMedia.com)

A Muslim civil rights group is asking the Department of Justice to investigate an Arkansas shooting range whose owner recently declared it a "Muslim-free zone."

In a letter to U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder, Jenifer Wicks, a lawyer for the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR), writes that the declaration is "a violation of federal laws prohibiting racial and religious discrimination" and "will inevitably result in a hostile environment for ordinary Muslims in Arkansas."
In the letter to Holder, Wicks writes that Morgan "appears to be misinterpreting the advice given to her and refusing service to all Muslims, which cannot be a correct interpretation of compliance with federal gun laws and the U.S. Constitution."

But according to Morgan — who says she has received death threats from Muslims in the past — the Sept. 11, 2001, terror attacks; Boston Marathon bombing; Fort Hood massacre; and a recent beheading at an Oklahoma food distribution center justify her ban.

"This is more than enough loss of life on my home soil at the hands of Muslims to substantiate my position that Muslims can and may follow the directives in their Koran and kill here at home," she wrote.

CAIR sent copies of its letter to the governor of Arkansas, U.S. Justice Department's Civil Rights Division, U.S. Commission on Civil Rights, the U.S. Attorney for the Western District of Arkansas and the ATF's Little Rock field office.

Morgan responded on her Facebook page: "It’s easy for CAIR to bully and threaten average American citizens like me who have a business to lose and a life to destroy. It's what they do. We are the easy targets. I’ve been a target of Islamist threats for five years ... fully expecting at any time one of them to follow through with the threat. I may go down for speaking the truth about Islam ... I may lose everything I have, (which isn't much) but they can't take my integrity ... This is a mountain I’m willing to die on."

http://news.yahoo.com/muslim-free-gun-range-arkansas-160333108.html

I wonder if anything will happen in the end because in order to go after this woman they have to support gun rights.

Offline CitizensHaveRights

• First Name (Displayed): Mitch
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2014, 11:34:33 AM »
Since when is CAIR a "civil rights group"?
"A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed "  - Who has a right to keep and eat food, The People or A Well Balanced Breakfast?