Author Topic: Michigan Open Carry Lunch and Seminar @ Panera Bread, Downtown GR 11/8/14 1:00PM  (Read 6210 times)

Offline Steel Magnolia

• MOC Regional Coordinator, Deputy
Michigan Open Carry Lunch and Seminar – Grand Rapids, MI   1:00 Saturday 11/8/2014

Never open carried before? Curious about it? Join us for lunch in Grand Rapids!

Lawful Open Carry of a holstered handgun welcome and encouraged (but not required).

Michigan Open Carry is inviting you and your friends to come to Panera Bread for lunch and a Seminar. We'll be there having good food, pleasant conversation, and answering any questions we can.

These events sponsored by Michigan Open Carry are a great way to learn more about the lawfulness of open carrying of a handgun.

When: Saturday November 8th
Time: 1:00pm
Where: Panera Bread - Downtown Grand Rapids
99 Monroe Avenue
Grand Rapids, MI 49503

[urlhttps://www.google.com/maps/dir//Campau+Square+Plaza+Bldg,+99+Monroe+Ave+NE,+Grand+Rapids,+MI+49503/@42.9651325,-85.7070291,13z/data=!4m8!4m7!1m0!1m5!1m1!1s0x8819adc51a25233b:0xedd9f399a9e190eb!2m2!1d-85.6726964!2d42.9651376][/url]
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 01:56:51 PM by yance »
"There's something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man" (or woman).  Winston Churchill

Offline CitizensHaveRights

• First Name (Displayed): Mitch
Didn't Panera tell us last month, via MSNBC and HuffPo reporters, that only cops should have guns?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/09/08/panera-guns-bread-firearms_n_5784464.html

“Within our company, we strive to create Panera Warmth," the company said in a statement released Monday. "This warmth means bakery-cafes where customers and associates feel comfortable and welcome. To this end, we ask that guns not be brought into this environment unless carried by an authorized law enforcement officer."
"A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed "  - Who has a right to keep and eat food, The People or A Well Balanced Breakfast?

Offline Pond Scum

• MOC Lifetime Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Glenn
If the local Panera will let us host an event and carry there I think it is fine for us to go there.

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
If the local Panera will let us host an event and carry there I think it is fine for us to go there.
I agree. It's a great opportunity to just do our usual MOC lunch thing and maybe change the minds of some of the franchisees.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Not to mention it pisses off one of Bloomberg's Illegal Mayors Against Guns.
"A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed "  - Who has a right to keep and eat food, The People or A Well Balanced Breakfast?

Offline Xpiatio

• First Name (Displayed): Benjamin
I'll be there.  Can't pass this one up.

Is it within walking distance of the mayor's office?
Might be fun to meet as a group just before noon, say hi to His Honor, and walk to Panera together.

Offline Pond Scum

• MOC Lifetime Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Glenn
Not to mention it pisses off one of Bloomberg's Illegal Mayors Against Guns.

My oh my!  That would be a terrible shame!   ;D

:)
I'll be there.  Can't pass this one up.

I like your enthusiasm!  I've put it on my calendar and I'm going to try and be in town for this! 

Is it within walking distance of the mayor's office?
Might be fun to meet as a group just before noon, say hi to His Honor, and walk to Panera together.

Yes, it is very close to city hall.  I doubt there will be anyone at city hall on a Saturday so we won't get the full effect of gathering there but it still may be a good place to meet as there is a parking garage in the basement.

Oops, didn't catch that it was a Saturday.

Offline TucTom

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Tom
Tomorrow 1PM I have to drop a family member off at the Airport here in Kalamazoo, but I don't know what time still.

I will do my best to get up there for 1 pm eats depending on the time

Tom

Offline Xpiatio

anyone else saw the address and thought of 99 red balloons?

Offline Xpiatio

Just is case anyone doesn't know. It appears from Street View on google maps, its located on the north side of the big brown building in Campau square.

Offline Xpiatio

Please note, please bring a laptop to the seminars.  As projecting from a smartphone is hit or miss.