Author Topic: Do as I say, not as I do...  (Read 2537 times)

Offline CitizensHaveRights

• First Name (Displayed): Mitch
Do as I say, not as I do...
« on: October 20, 2014, 09:42:47 PM »
Yep, slap him with a bonus month of paid vacation, that'll teach him:
http://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/oakland/2014/10/20/police-chief-campaign-signs-caught-video/17589281/

A veteran Oakland County police chief known for being tough on people caught stealing campaign signs could lose his job after he was seen by one of his own officers pulling up a political sign and sticking it into the backseat of his personal SUV.

Waterford Township Chief Daniel McCaw "is on paid administrative leave until further notice," Township Supervisor Gary Wall said last week.
"A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed "  - Who has a right to keep and eat food, The People or A Well Balanced Breakfast?

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
Re: Do as I say, not as I do...
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2014, 10:28:26 PM »
Some cops (at least one that we know of) was caught taking down anti-SAFE Act signs in NY.

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2014, 11:33:23 AM »
In 2008, Tom Reich was running for Eaton County sheriff and his signs kept getting stolen.
He did a stake-out, and called 9-1-1 to report that he caught a man and a woman (Mr and Mrs Sheriff Mike Raines) were driving around with a minivan full of Reich's signs. The responding deputy declined to make an arrest, Raines claimed he never took any of Reich's signs, and Reich found himself unable to force any action against Raines.

Raines was re-elected in November 2008, and immediately announced his retirement effective December 2008. In January 2009, he began his new job as Eaton County Sheriff, while continuing to draw the pension for his old job as Eaton County Sheriff. I assumed that he'd won his last election and was planning to retire for real at the end of 2012.

In 2012, Reich was elected sheriff, beating Raines' reelection efforts. Nobody seemed to care that a career sheriff's detective (Reich) swears that now ex-sheriff Raines is a thief, but they apparently do care about the retirement scheme.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 04:43:01 PM by CitizensHaveRights »
"A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed "  - Who has a right to keep and eat food, The People or A Well Balanced Breakfast?

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2014, 04:41:04 PM »
I-594 lovers, not content with $9 million in advertising money from billionaires, accused of stealing pro I-591 signs.

http://www.examiner.com/article/i-591-backers-to-press-charges-apparent-campaign-yard-sign-theft