Author Topic: This doesn't qualify, but...  (Read 844 times)

Offline gryphon

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
This doesn't qualify, but...
« on: November 03, 2014, 02:01:47 AM »
...many of my columns have been reprinted far and wide.  Most I never find out about.  Here is one I ran across.  MOC mention.

http://prepperchimp.com/2014/02/22/ammo-how-much-is-enough-when-carrying-for-self-defense/

Offline CitizensHaveRights

• First Name (Displayed): Mitch
Re: This doesn't qualify, but...
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2014, 11:33:22 AM »
In the comments to the original article, there's discussion of what-if the persecuting attorney holds you up to the jury as an example of a homicidal maniac with enough ammo on him to wipe out a fully loaded school bus.

In such an instance, it would be good to be able to point at the police/deputies in the persecutor's own jurisdiction and ask him if he is claiming that all those cops are homicidal maniacs for carrying the same ammo load as you.

http://www.ammoland.com/2014/02/ammo-how-much-is-enough-when-carrying-for-self-defense/#axzz3I1WnTo4Q
"A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed "  - Who has a right to keep and eat food, The People or A Well Balanced Breakfast?

Offline linux203

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Daniel
Re: This doesn't qualify, but...
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2014, 05:55:35 PM »
I had a moment of clarity a few months ago.  Why the hell am I carrying 10 round spare magazines for my Glock 26 when the 17 rounder fit? They hold fewer rounds are are harder to extract from the mag holder.  My EDC went from 50 to 64 rounds.

So if you carry a pistol designed for concealment, consider carrying larger spares.  The more I thought about it, I can't see a negative.
When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own palace, his goods are in peace. Luke 11:21

Then He said to them, “But now, he who has a money bag, let him take it, and likewise a knapsack; and he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one."  Luke 22:36