Author Topic: I voted today  (Read 4935 times)

Offline ndthund

• MOC Member
I voted today
« on: November 04, 2014, 08:12:00 PM »
For the correct candidates.

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
Re: I voted today
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2014, 09:18:05 PM »
 :welcome:
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline part deux

• MOC Member
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2014, 09:43:14 PM »
For the correct candidates.
Wow, you're as smart as I am

Offline part deux

• MOC Member
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2014, 09:43:50 PM »
Wow, you're as smart as I am

I also voted for the correct candidates

Welcome!

Offline Pond Scum

• MOC Lifetime Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Glenn
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2014, 10:27:22 PM »
I voted.  We had to rush but we got to the polls with 20 minutes to spare.  A large turn out for our precinct.  Not sure if that is good or bad .... it is a new polling place for us and I don't know if it leans left or right .... Our old precinct in the city was way, way left .... I think my wife & I were the only 2 Republican votes in most elections..... we would ask for a Republican ballot in the primaries and the lady will yell to the back room and say, "Hey Joe!  They're here again.  Bring up both of the Republican ballots!"   :( :-\

Offline ndthund

• MOC Member
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2014, 09:43:04 PM »
I am extremely pleased with this info from a GOA 2014 election email. Alaska is my home state, but I reside in Michigan.

.../"Dan Sullivan defeated anti-gunner Mark Begich in Alaska after a tight race in which many thought Begich was sure to win.

Dan received an “A” rating from GOA because he supports good pro-gun legislation such as the right to carry -- and opposes gun control measures like the so-called “assault weapons” ban and universal background checks.

Former Sen. Mark Begich was “D” rated with GOA.  Among his many anti-gun votes were his support for anti-gun Justices Elena Kagan and Sonia Sotomayor. Both are rabidly anti-gun and are now serving permanent positions on the Supreme Court -- thanks, in part, to Begich.  Many Court watchers expect that over the next two years, there will almost certainly be at least one new Supreme Court Justice nominated by President Obama."/...

(p.s. Carl Levin can go away..)

Offline part deux

• MOC Member
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2014, 10:05:54 PM »
(p.s. Carl Levin can go away..)
only to be replaced by gary peters

Offline Xpiatio

• First Name (Displayed): Benjamin
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2014, 12:44:41 PM »
I voted.  We had to rush but we got to the polls with 20 minutes to spare.  A large turn out for our precinct.  Not sure if that is good or bad .... it is a new polling place for us and I don't know if it leans left or right .... Our old precinct in the city was way, way left .... I think my wife & I were the only 2 Republican votes in most elections..... we would ask for a Republican ballot in the primaries and the lady will yell to the back room and say, "Hey Joe!  They're here again.  Bring up both of the Republican ballots!"   :( :-\

wow they really do that?

Offline Pond Scum

• MOC Lifetime Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Glenn
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2014, 05:35:34 AM »
wow they really do that?

No.  Party declaration isn't required here ..... it goes back to my days of voting in Illinois where you have to "declare" your party affiliation in the primary election and they gave Repubs and Dems different ballots.