Author Topic: where and where can't we oc  (Read 10058 times)

Offline staylor57

where and where can't we oc
« on: November 06, 2014, 01:13:50 PM »
I would like to know where we can and where we can't oc, and what about the winter how do you oc with a winter coat on

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
Re: where and where can't we oc
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2014, 01:26:14 PM »
The answer to the first part of your inquiry can be found here:
http://miopencarry.org/faq

The answer to the second part of your question is that when you open carry while wearing a coat, no part of the coat can cover your handgun. So wear a holstered handgun outside of your coat at all times. Even the brief covering of the gun is a violation of the CCW law. And is a 5 year felony for someone without a CPL.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline CitizensHaveRights

• First Name (Displayed): Mitch
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2014, 06:07:45 PM »

The answer to the second part of your question is that when you open carry while wearing a coat, no part of the coat can cover your handgun.

So wear a thigh holster. That way you stay legal and look like a badass SWAT team 'operator' at the same time.  ;D
"A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed "  - Who has a right to keep and eat food, The People or A Well Balanced Breakfast?

Offline Xpiatio

• First Name (Displayed): Benjamin
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2014, 07:27:07 PM »
So wear a thigh holster. That way you stay legal and look like a badass SWAT team 'operator' at the same time.  ;D
+1

Offline TucTom

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Tom
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2014, 11:23:03 PM »
I would like to know where we can and where we can't oc, and what about the winter how do you oc with a winter coat on

I would star where Pat said to look. But don't feel that you can not ask more specific questions "I read this but does it also mean this?"
If you want to OC you unfortunately are responsible for yourself when it comes to the laws and or the Police and it does not matter what you are told here. So read the laws read the FAQs here and ask if you aren't sure.

Winter is not OC friendly here in Mi. with the need for big longer jackets. A CPL fixes that though. I personally hated a thigh rig when I had to wear it.

Offline CitizensHaveRights

• First Name (Displayed): Mitch
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2014, 06:39:14 AM »
If you want to OC you unfortunately are responsible for yourself when it comes to the laws and or the Police and it does not matter what you are told here. So read the laws read the FAQs here and ask if you aren't sure.

Always remember, ignorance of the law is no excuse. (unless you're well paid to know and enforce the law upon others, in which case ignorance is virtue)
"A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed "  - Who has a right to keep and eat food, The People or A Well Balanced Breakfast?