Author Topic: Youngest state delegate elect is pro-gun  (Read 2280 times)

Offline CitizensHaveRights

• First Name (Displayed): Mitch
Youngest state delegate elect is pro-gun
« on: November 06, 2014, 01:32:04 PM »
IIRC, she was 17 when she won the primary (which was OK as long as she'd be 18 by this Tuesday).

I don't recall seeing anybody in Michigan get 62% on the 4th.

http://www.guns.com/2014/11/05/youngest-state-delegate-elect-is-pro-gun/

While republicans gained seats across the country, they also added the current youngest lawmaker in the country.

Eighteen-year-old Saira Blair won a seat in West Virginia’s House of Delegates over democratic candidate Layne Diehl in the state’s District 59.

Blair, a freshman in college, campaigned on “conservative values,” touting pro-life, family, business, jobs, and, of course, Second Amendment.

“I fully support the Second Amendment. I believe in protecting the innocent and punishing the guilty. It’s time that we stopped treating our citizens like terrorists and terrorist like cities,” she wrote on her campaign website. “Simply stated, firearm allow our law abiding citizens to protect themselves and their families. Our constitutional right shall not be infringed!”

The National Rifle Association gave her an A-Q rating, meaning she gave favorable answers to its questionnaire but does not have a voting record.

In addition to the NRA, she was endorsed by the West Virginia Citizen’s Defense League, a state pro-gun group.

She won 62.7 percent of the vote in the district, or 3,131.
"A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed "  - Who has a right to keep and eat food, The People or A Well Balanced Breakfast?