Author Topic: Kalamazoo Valley Community College  (Read 4658 times)

Offline Lonewolf0714

Kalamazoo Valley Community College
« on: January 14, 2015, 12:24:47 PM »
Where are all the so called gun rights groups when it comes to firearm carry at universities, colleges, and community colleges? This issue has been going on for too long. All these billions of dollars spent by supporting organizations and this is what we have. I'm sick of people telling me I cant carry in these locations to protect myself. I thought my second amendment was a "RIGHT". I guess in modern society people don't know the difference between a right and permission. I guess when I am told that I have a right to bear arms in America it only applies when I am in America. It makes sense to me because when I enter through the doors of a building I am no longer in the United States of America (even though the structure I have entered stands in America). We have a right to bear arms when we are given permission to do so by the corporations. I wonder how many other student's will get shot this year at school and college (probably zero like all the previous years). These so called leaders of society should create a bigger sign that states "no guns". That way when a mass murderer comes to one of these locations he or she will be prevented from carrying out their intended actions. Its very logical to think a bigger sign will stop this type of behavior. It would be like a speed limit sign, do not enter sign, or even a no trespassing sign. All of these signs are highly effective in stopping this type of unwanted behavior. We should write a letter to our political leaders and make this request and explain how very effective this type of ideology is. We could have the media recite information on the news stating no guns allowed in these areas and that would solve this issue of mass murder while at the same time it would satisfy the public desire for personal safety in these locations. We could also spend (waste) another billion dollars from these gun rights organization to continue fighting for permission (not rights) to carry firearms in the United States of America. Its very important that we continue with this type of logic. Oh, by the way: did I mention I cant carry my firearm while Im here at KVCC? ;D

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
Re: Kalamazoo Valley Community College
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2015, 01:08:34 PM »
They might not be able to stop you from carrying, but they can stop you from attending school if you don't abide by their policies.  Unfortunately that's the way it is.  I wouldn't be surprised if there were some people that carry concealed anyway.

Offline part deux

• MOC Member
Re: Kalamazoo Valley Community College
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2015, 10:36:38 PM »
Write that letter to your legislative leaders, and call Snyder and tell him to sign SB789.

Come out to 2A action day in Lansing

Get involved.